“Could have been better.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7619 N. I-35, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #62 of 182 hotels in Austin
Toluca Mex
“Could have been better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel mainly because it's location and price, very convenient; hotel is easy to reach and the quality of the rooms is Hampton's guarantee. Comfortable and clean beds, some hot options for breakfast, free internet, etc.

Cons that I found during my stay were: the parking lot, I arrived late night and found a spot in the very back of the hotel, you have to walk a lot to get to the front office with no sidewalks, and parking spaces are soooo small, definitively a bad design; also I ran out of hot water the first day; at least I received an apologize from the front desk staff but I have received more than that in other hotels for that kind of issues.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Pablo P, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183), responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I regret to hear our accommodations did not meet your expectations on your recent stay.
We try to make each guest experience at our hotel a great one and your satisfaction is important to us.

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we can improve upon them.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kempner, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Nice, clean, safe and friendly hotel. Great free breakfast, that I figured would value about $10 a person off the rate of the room. Staff was friendly, sort of gave the feeling of a family away from home. Nice sized room with all you need.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Ft Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel could hold it's own in Ft Worth, TX so imagine my surprise when I walked in and discovered it's quality and amenities. It's a bit higher priced than the others but far and above in quality!!

Dallas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My stay was business related. Good service, quality room, typical of Hampton's standards. The hotel was full as the USC swimming and diving team was also booked this date. The hotel handled everything competently. Would stay here again.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Found a bedbug crawling on the back of my neck while laying in bed watching tv. Killed a cockroach in the hallway, and found a stinkbug in my bathroom...Do not come here! Horrible location under a highway bridge, terrible breakfast, and bug infested

• Stayed December 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance.

We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with pest control service to insure this does not happen again.
Santa Monica, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Nice hotel...our room was very comfortable and clean. We would stay there again. It was further north than we expected and hard to see from the road but actually being a little hidden was a good thing. The pool are looked very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pablo P, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183), responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hello Jan!

Thanks so much for your comments! I am glad you found our property accomodating and we look forward to having you again!
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Clean, good service, good free breakfast buffet (maybe that makes it Great, by definition, right?), nice and helpful staff. The rooms were very clean and not worn looking like some of the chain hotels can be. The bedding was also really great, which of course most hotels have now-a-days. I would say solid, like the Hampton brand. Dependable and solid. That's not a dig, either. We stayed there when we went to ACL and did not spend much time in the room but the time we did spend was sleepy times, which this hotel was built for. All in all a good experience. Thank you, Hampton Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We're so glad you enjoyed our hotel. Your feedback is invaluable!

Its good to hear you had an enjoyable experience as well at ACL and we hope to see you again next year!

Been to Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183)? Share your experiences!