“Easy access from I-35 and Hyw 290” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7619 N. I-35, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #62 of 182 hotels in Austin
Katy, Texas
“Easy access from I-35 and Hyw 290”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Recently remodeled Hampton provided nice room, good service, fair price, friendly staff. Plenty of choices for the free breakfast. Similar to most Hamptons, good hotel for business travelers. Driving from Houston on Highway 290 to the north side of Austin, easy to access near I-35.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183), responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was in Austin for a University of Texas football game. The Hampton Inn provided quick access (10 minutes) to Memorial Stadium, had an Academy store right next door (which had plenty of UT merchandise), and the mall right across IH-35. The breakfast was good, the service was great, and everyone was very friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is my first experience staying at a Hampton Inn, and by this positive experience here, I will want to stay at other Hampton Inn's, I just hope the other Hampton Inn's will live up to the standards I experienced here. First the rooms- We got a king bed with a study desk area and a microwave and fridge. The room had a modern look to it and was clean. Bed was comfy and so I slept well. Customer service- the staff was friendly and attentive.I requested extra towels and they came with more than enough extra towels and was prompt. Breakfast was good for it to be complimentary..mini omlettes, sausage, waffles, juice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Schofield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

The Hampton Inn in Austin was a very nice place, nice rooms, good service, free breakfast and, of course, great cookies. What we didn't expect, however, was the opportunity to adopt a young kitten. We met "her," which the vet later confirmed, poolside. I felt a rubbing on my leg and looked down to see a little, hungry kitten. I shared part of my cookie and she ate it quickly. I returned to our room to tell my brother-in-law and his wife, who loves cats, to go to the pool, olnly to learn my she was already there. At talking with the the hotel staff, she said they wanted to take the cat to the humane society the next day. However, at breakfast they changed their minds and said they would adopt it and take it back to California. So they made arrangements with United Airlines and contacted a nearby vet for boarding and vet care. On their departure day they picked up the cat and boarded the plane for San Francisco. The cat, by the way, likes her new California home! Thanks to the hotel staff for cooperating in this act of kindness.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Saginaw, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

This hotel was a little difficult to navigate to but once there the property was nice and clean and the staff was friendly.

There was not a fridge or microwave in the room, which I like to have so I would probably look for a different property next time that had those.

• Stayed October 2011
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed at the hotel in June. Very helpful front desk staff, could not get the hang of the key card...the lady at the front desk was very nice to me and assisted me w/ that. As noted by other reviewers, the outside is Hampton Inn circa 1980s...but the inside has been given an up to date redo. I especially liked the way the lobby area is configured, there is a big screen tv w/ comfortable couchlike seating and long tables w/ appropriate lap top height. A lot of businessmen types were hanging out one night I came in, working on their computers and watching a Mavs game. This area doubles as the breakfast area. Their lobby/breakfast area just seems warmer than other comparable hotels. The rooms are nice also, though a little bit on the dark side. (not much light coming in from the windows)
Downsides: There are no restaurants w/in walking distance, and the bus stop is quite a hike, mostly on no sidewalk type streets.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was a repeat stay for us. The location suited our purposes--visiting family and friends living on the north side of town. We usually stay at Hampton Inns because we know what to expect--no surprises. There was a surprise at this Hampton, though. In addition to the usual machines the fitness room had free weights and a balance ball.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Austin North @I-35 & Higway 183)? Share your experiences!