You added Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Austin Texas to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Austin Texas
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78704 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Stay
Ranked #37 of 187 Hotels in Austin
“Dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel needs some updating. Gives the appearance of dark and dingy but it is clean. Rooms are ok. the hotel is a couple blocks off of action. Restaurants are several blocks away from hotel. Happy hour and breakfast are ok. Guy who makes breakfast is great and makes the start of the day with a smile.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JodySmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Austin Texas, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.
Kind Regards,
Jody Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Hands down, can't be beat if you need a place to stay with a group if friends or by yourself. Lets start with the location and price. Not too expensive and terrific location close to downtown and the trendy area of south congress. Second, there are three free things that embassy suites here does that will keep me coming back. Free shuttle(make sure you tip the drivers) buffet breakfast, and to top it off...happy hour drinks to all guests, amazing!!

Rooms were super clean and the housekeeping staff is awesome as well. They are so nice, as I had my clothes all over the floor and they folded and placed them back into my open suite case. I mean amazing, what house keeping staff would do that. You guys rock!!

Overall, perfect hotel with terrific service and great amenities.

• Stayed October 2012
JodySmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Austin Texas, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Marcello P,
First off, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Austin and took time to enjoy the amenities here at the Hotel as well. I will pass on your kind remarks to all of the staff, particularly the housekeeping department. To hear the word perfect in your description of your stay means a lot and it is what we are constantly aiming for in guest satisfaction. Please come back and visit us soon!
Kind Regards,
Jody Smith
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was my first time in Austin, so I was completely unfamiliar with the location. I had training at the Hyatt Regency, but after some Google searches I found the Embassy Suites. I always have pleasant experiences at ES, so this was ideal. Before booking, I called the local number and confirmed that the ES was as close as it looked and they assured me it was. They were correct, it was just a parking lot away.

The room was large and well appointed. I had to do some work the afternoon I checked in, and found the workspace to be good. The bathroom was good with a large walk-in shower; good water pressure and temperature. I also like the Crabtree & Evelyn tolietries. The bed was very comfortable - lots of pillows and comfortable bedding.

Breakfast was good each morning - made to order as advertised. The managers reception is generally why I book the ES. It's a nice and inexpensive way to wind down after a tough day. To my surprise, one of my favorite microbrews was on tap. There is a restaurant on site - not my favorite menu, but I'm a really simple eater - I ended up with pizza one night and a kids grilled cheese another night. My only complaint is that you cannot bring in outside food during the manager reception because they have a restuarant on-site (pls note, I was NOT in the restuarant when told this). Which I certainly wouldn't have had a problem with if their menu was appealing to all, not to mention when staying multiple nights, you need variety. I was traveling alone, so being able to say in during the evenings was my preference.

Most of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I wanted to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass, but someone was in the business center and did not appear to be in any hurry. When I checked to see if the internet kiosk's in the lobby printed, I was told no; however the front desk agent offer to help me. She even helped me get a better seat assignment.

It's a good location. Near the "Bat" bridge, if you have any interest in that. There are a few bars/restuarants very nearby. Seemed to have to good access to the airport. 6th Street fun is just on the other side of the bridge.

The on-site gift shop came in very handy - after waking up with a cold my first morning there, it was great to have cold medicine nearby and not have to wander the streets of Austin for a Walgreens.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor, facing downtown Austin - it was quiet with a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times on business related trips, but this month was the best. The newly renovated rooms are awesome! I love the bed! And my favorite part is the Crabtree & Evelyn bath products :)

4* coz' the breakfast could be better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in downtown Austin. My husband was attending a conference nearby. We chose this hotel rather than the conference hotel for the upgraded free breakfast at Embassy Suites and the few dollars a night more that we paid was worth it.

Embassy Suites made us feel welcome from the time we arrived. There was always flavored water in the lobby on the days when it was warm and coffee on the last day when it turned cool and rainy.

The "made to order" breakfast was just as advertised. Everyone was able to get what they wanted for breakfast and it was constantly being restocked, tables cleared, etc. Happy hour in the evenings was the same.

Our king suite was very spacious and allowed one of us to work while the other one slept uninterrupted. The shower was large and had lots of hot water and good pressure. My only complaint was the cricket in my room - just the luck of the draw.

All things considered, I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012
Hurricane, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed 4 nightes Oct. 3-7, 2012. Hotel is in great shape. Rooms are very spacious and updated. Managers special was very good. Did not have a rental car. If you dont mind walking to town which is a decent walk to 6th st. a car is not needed. Hotel shuttle will take you to close by places but not to Airport. Hotel was crowded on weekend which made finding a seat for breakfast very hard. Could add more seating on weekends or when hotel is full. Area resturants are close. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Swedesboro, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Congress street bridge. Party time watching the bats It felt like tailgating Batman was there and 1. Million bats did not disappoint Then off into the city to the Bat Bar the hotel was great near ev.erything in a small city I highly recommend

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Austin Texas? Share your experiences!