“Very nice place to stay, but a bit pricey.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Room Night Discounts
Ranked #77 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Godley, United States
“Very nice place to stay, but a bit pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Embassey Suites are great places with great amenities offered: manager's special for drinks and the free breakfast. They are still a bit pricey but everything is these days. My family loves it because of the pool and great atmosphere. I love it because of the drinks and breakfast. All-in-all, a great place.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The service was below average, staff was not happy or did not acknowledge guest at all (even the bellhop), the outside surround area is no good (had homeless people hanging out in the lobby on Sunday evening - eating from the snack bar), food was average at best, pool area was dirty, electrical wires hanging out of wall in room and pool area, hot tub did not work, Basically, the hotel is run down. If you like clean nice facilities, this is not the place to stay. I would never stay here again. After the first night, I tried to get another hotel but everything was booked. Our room was not clean - band aide hanging on the blinds, towel rack was coming out of the wall, faucets were all loose, wires out of wall, bath tub did not drain, the toilet was tilted and the top lid did not stay on correctly. I did not feel comfortable there at all. Could not believe Embassy had a property like this, I will not stay in an Embassy anytime soon, just because of this property.

Room Tip: The Embassy Downtown is what I expected from an Embassy. Do not stay at this location! I would image...
Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is an old hotel. Although the rooms have been renovated and are nicely decorated and clean, they have a musty molding smell to them. Is a shame because the staff was very nice and the food quality was good.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Oxfordshre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Service was superb. We were heading to a wedding in Austin. I messed up and booked the wrong Embassy (small excuse in that we needed to be in the downtown and booking.com lists this one as 'city' which means downtown to me as a Brit.) Anyway, Maya Patel on the desk was amazing. We explained our mistake and she did everything possible (and succeeded) to get us a place downtown, despite our having arrived at 10pm on a Friday night.Thanks, Maya

Stayed June 2013
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in May. I do not understand why anyone would say anything bad about this hotel. I am not going into details, as anyone who has stayed at an Embassy Suites knows about them. This was actually my first stay at one, I usually stay at Hampton Inn. Hotel people were great. Room was nice and clean. There was a makeup area for wife outside the bathroom. Room was large. Location was right off the interstate just a few minutes drive to downtown. Breakfast was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

It's an older hotel, but kept up nicely, clean and friendly staff
Nice breakfast, comfy beds, easy check in and out. Restaurant/bar in hotel, Didn't eat there but had a nice crowd, bar closes early 11:00
Minutes from down town, easy on and off highway.

Room Tip: I myself wouldn't stay on first floor, to much going on.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hurst, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I only stayed at this place for one night, and it was a quick and easy thing at that. I just needed a place to hang my hat and do some work on my laptop, and sleep a while. I’ve used the brand before, and it delivers Hilton level of quality. Their double rooms are nice, but in the big scheme of things I don’t think it’s worth the added costs, unless you are having guests come by or something like that.

The hotel checked me in to a room on the third floor, and everything was in order. All the lights, fixtures, services, and common areas were well maintained. The brand offers cooked to order breakfast, and it’s pretty good. Their pancakes aren’t any bigger than a half dollar coin, but you can have as many as you want.

I didn’t use this place much thus I don’t have an opinion about it one way or the other. I’d give them a good grade overall, and I’d use them again if conditions were right. There are no parking charges, and the lot is easy enough to get into, although if you miss the driveway, it’s kind of a long drive to loop back around and have another chance. There is a lot of food around there, and a short distance to other amenities. Of all the damaged things that have suffered from Robert Mueller Field closing up and abandoning the area, this one seems to have suffered the least, and is as healthy as one could ask for. The front desk was kind, courteous, and accurate, and my final bill was correct.

If the brand is of interest to you, this one is a good participant. For my spending tastes, the brand itself is on the wasteful side, and I normally choose less. I’d rather go to Dennys than have breakfast in a hotel, and I never eat buffet style breakfasts because it’s impossible to preserve the freshness to my liking on a steam table. If I wanted to eat in a military chow hall, I’d have joined the military.

In summary, for what services I used this is a good place. This inn offers countless services I know nothing about, so I can’t say I have a well rounded opinion of the place. They gave me what I expected for my dollar.

Room Tip: I don't have a clue. I didn't stay there long enough to matter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Austin Central? Share your experiences!