“A Good Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Lexington, Kentucky
“A Good Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in May. I do not understand why anyone would say anything bad about this hotel. I am not going into details, as anyone who has stayed at an Embassy Suites knows about them. This was actually my first stay at one, I usually stay at Hampton Inn. Hotel people were great. Room was nice and clean. There was a makeup area for wife outside the bathroom. Room was large. Location was right off the interstate just a few minutes drive to downtown. Breakfast was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

It's an older hotel, but kept up nicely, clean and friendly staff
Nice breakfast, comfy beds, easy check in and out. Restaurant/bar in hotel, Didn't eat there but had a nice crowd, bar closes early 11:00
Minutes from down town, easy on and off highway.

Room Tip: I myself wouldn't stay on first floor, to much going on.
Hurst, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I only stayed at this place for one night, and it was a quick and easy thing at that. I just needed a place to hang my hat and do some work on my laptop, and sleep a while. I’ve used the brand before, and it delivers Hilton level of quality. Their double rooms are nice, but in the big scheme of things I don’t think it’s worth the added costs, unless you are having guests come by or something like that.

The hotel checked me in to a room on the third floor, and everything was in order. All the lights, fixtures, services, and common areas were well maintained. The brand offers cooked to order breakfast, and it’s pretty good. Their pancakes aren’t any bigger than a half dollar coin, but you can have as many as you want.

I didn’t use this place much thus I don’t have an opinion about it one way or the other. I’d give them a good grade overall, and I’d use them again if conditions were right. There are no parking charges, and the lot is easy enough to get into, although if you miss the driveway, it’s kind of a long drive to loop back around and have another chance. There is a lot of food around there, and a short distance to other amenities. Of all the damaged things that have suffered from Robert Mueller Field closing up and abandoning the area, this one seems to have suffered the least, and is as healthy as one could ask for. The front desk was kind, courteous, and accurate, and my final bill was correct.

If the brand is of interest to you, this one is a good participant. For my spending tastes, the brand itself is on the wasteful side, and I normally choose less. I’d rather go to Dennys than have breakfast in a hotel, and I never eat buffet style breakfasts because it’s impossible to preserve the freshness to my liking on a steam table. If I wanted to eat in a military chow hall, I’d have joined the military.

In summary, for what services I used this is a good place. This inn offers countless services I know nothing about, so I can’t say I have a well rounded opinion of the place. They gave me what I expected for my dollar.

Room Tip: I don't have a clue. I didn't stay there long enough to matter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Odessa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a suite with a separate living room and TV. The motel was very nice, staff was friendly, comfortable room. We only stayed one night and were very busy. I would have liked to have stayed longer and had the chance to enjoy the motel.

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel was awesome as Embassy Suites usually are. It's decor had an Austin, Texas flare that was lovely. The breakfast and Manager's reception were excellent. The staff was very helpful. We especially enjoyed the shuttle drivers who took us places while telling very interesting info about Texas. Location was just OK, but was not to far from most places that we wanted to go. I would definitely stay here again.

Spring, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We recently stayed here for our daughter's college graduation. We had 5 rooms for our guests from out of town. The breakfast was a huge hit and it brought us together every morning before our fun filled days together in Austin. Even though the hotel was completely booked we felt like we always had our privacy and space to be together as a large group.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My dad and I stayed here for 3 nights. This was during UT's graduation so we found a room central and close to where my daughter lives. The town was very busy at this time. When I booked the room, the only room available was a smoking room. My dad and I both do not smoke. However, when we arrived the hotel clerk had mentioned that a non smoking room would be available the next day. The smoking room was actually very nice and really didn't smell of smoke. The room was clean and had everything we needed. Since graduation was the next day early we decided not to go through the bother of changing rooms. The same hotel clerk the next morning remembered the request and tried very hard to help us out. We stayed in the smoking room anyway. The hotel had a decent bar and grill and the staff was very friendly. After the 3 nights here we learned that all of the staff was very accommodating and courteous. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Austin Central? Share your experiences!