“Not my best stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Arlington, TX
“Not my best stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had AC issues this trip, it took 3 tries of calls and front desk visits to finally get it fixed. They sent someone the first 2 times who said AC was fine, I knew it wasn't but finally 3rd person made the repair. I was there for work and had about 12 coworkers staying there as well. One room had roaches and someone messed with her ipad, she moved rooms and hid her ipad. Another room had AC issues and he said his room was very humid. I spoke with the manager who offered free meals and a free night nxt trip but I'm a little shy to stay there at this time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had the twin grandsons with us on this trip and the hotel staff were great to work with and very accommodating.

Hotel was clean and the pool was very nice. The kids just loved the fish pond and water falls.

Louisville, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went to Embassy Suites in early April 2013 (We are a family with 2 teenage girls). So here is the good: Overall the hotel was nice. Our AAA rate was good at $125. Complimentary cooked to order Breakfast was good as was the happy hour. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was in a good central location. Overall our two double bed suite was clean and up to date (not bathroom). The hotel had a New Orleans feel which was a nice change. Unfortunately there was bad: I had no hot water in the shower at about 6 am so I had to take a cold to very luke warm shower and our bathroom had mildew stains in the shower/bathtub (quite a bit for a nice hotel). Because of these two negatives, I am being nice by giving this hotel an average. I would hope just our room was the problem , but my experience with Embassy Suites is they are less consistent than say a lower level Hampton Inn. Or maybe I just have bad luck at Embassy Suites.

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

One of the best places I have ever stayed. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, genuine people you could get along with. The rooms were very nice and clean, the food served was great, and just in general the whole experience was very pleasant. If I am ever in Austin again, I will already know where I am staying :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

It's sort of iike the pilot who fly's great but can't land the plane. Everything in the hotel is oh so close and yet it's like they miss the mark on everything they do. My best take on it is that system wide (at this property) they are missing written policies and procedures. No internet in the business center - we just walkie talkie 3 or 4 people till someone fixes it. This sort of defines the system ---pass it along until you can't see it. The 2 coffee cups that sat on the floor by the elevator, apparently the not my job rule was in place. It took 2 days for them to go away. G*D forbid the check the check the pool bathrooms, and clean them. The thermostat in the business center broken. And the list goes on. This hotel needs daily check lists for the day to day items that should occur in basic property management. They could also invest a few dollars in a carpet cleaner. All in all the interior is a pleasing design, I do hope they read this review and take stock. My family will not be back.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Checked in very late on a Saturday night. Room was nice - we had told them it was our honeymoon and they had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. Really nice touch. Room was clean, spacious, and the bathroom was nice. We had free internet for being Hilton Gold, although it wasn't that fast.

The next day we were out from 9am-3pm. When we came back the room hadn't been cleaned which surprised us. We got some stuff and headed back out, thinking that we were just late in their schedule. Got back late that night and still... room not cleaned. Oh well. Breakfast the next morning was good; they have a short-order chef who will make whatever you'd like. Fruit was not good at all. Ambiance of the lobby was neat with the water and bridges.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service from front desk throughout stay, helped with any queries we had during stay

Room was an excellent two room suite which was perfect for our needs, was clean and in great order

Nice to have a pool and whirl pool facility

On the main SXSW shuttle service and a short walk to target/McDonald's/ihop

overall a very pleasant stay

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Austin Central? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Austin Central

Address: 5901 North I-35, Austin, TX 78723
Location: United States > Texas > Austin
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#51 Business Hotel in Austin
#77 Spa Hotel in Austin
Hotel Class:3 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Austin Central 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, HotelsClick, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Austin Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Austin Embassy Suites
Embassy Suites Austin

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Austin Central, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.