“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lockhart, Texas, United States
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

It was a pleasure working with a true professional like Johanna. She embodies every aspect of customer service with sincerity and commitment. Our function was not large, but she took time to work with us and made us feel special. Management should be congratulated for the exceptional training of their staff and for hiring the right people who complement their vision. I will most definitely consider this Doubletree by Hilton location first when hosting other events.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks for providing feedback regarding your recent function at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was delighted to read that your experience was positive and I particularly appreciate the kind words regarding Johanna. Johanna has been with the hotel for 18 months but is relatively new in her current role. Her commitment to excellence and outstanding customer service is second to none and we consider ourselves very fortunate to have her as a part of our team.

We look forward to the opportunity to host other functions for you in the future.

James Prendeville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Brenham, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel many times but never again. For $10 upgraded to suite-- awful - 1 chair, no sofa, AC LOUD and squeaky, carpet dirty, old matress, bath outdated---NEVER AGAIN----in the hospitality business but this is am embarrassment!

• Stayed December 2012
Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for the candid feedback regarding your recent stay and please accept my most sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered. I have sent you a message through your Trip Advisor profile and I hope to connect with you shortly, in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to me, my contact information is below.

You have my assurance that all of the areas you have identified have been addressed and I hope to have the opportunity to re-gain your trust in our hotel on your next trip to Austin.

james.prendeville@hilton.com
Direct Line: 512-374-4850
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Johanna & the WHOLE ENTIRE Double tree staff is AMAZING!! From the smallest details to the HUGE mishaps, she was on top of it. Very professional and worth EVERY PENNY!! WE LOVE THE DOUBLE TREE & will recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the 5-star review of your recent wedding at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I am delighted you choose to spend your special day with us and that your experience was a memorable one. It is always appreciated when guests mention specific employees at the hotel and I look forward to sharing your compliments with Johanna.

Best of luck to you and your husband and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

In January 2013, we held a 3 day conference at the hotel and the staff was amazing. Cathy, Johnny, Jose, and all of the Doubletree staff helped make our meeting a huge success. From the young man who helped unload materials on Sunday, to the AV staff who provided a replacement VGA cable, to the staff that so graciously served us lunch each day, everyone was WONDERFUL. Outstanding seems to mild a word to describe the service we received. If you need a place in Austin to host a conference, we definitely recommend Doubletree.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great feedback with regards to your recent meeting at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was delighted to read that your experience was positive and I am especially grateful that you took the time to recognize three of our wonderful employees - Cathy, Johnny and Jose. You can rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Newton, Mass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel takes mediocrity to an extreme. The beds are comfortable and the staff is polite but everything else, to use a technical hospitality industry term, s__ks. First, this layout is a throwback to the days when no one knew how to build a hotel. Endless mazes of hallways like that scene in Titanic, plus egresses onto a non-secured exterior walkway that just screams "break in and steal my laptop." The climate control is schizophrenic and the soundproofing, well, let's just say, I wouldn't expect any regional chapters of the CIA to be meeting here anytime soon.

And now for the food. This is an excellent place for dieting because the food is inedible. Like guacamole. It's my favorite food and here we are in Texas, about 200 miles from the Mexican border. Also guacamole isn't that hard to make even if you live in Massachusetts, like I do, but somehow these people never got the memo that it's supposed to taste good. Among other things, you don't puree the avocado, and the onions and tomatoes are supposed to be recognizable as such, not just lumps of food that feel like those wax impressions the dentist puts on your tooth in order to make a crown.

Room Tip: Don't face the highway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay. I do appreciate the kind words regarding the beds and the staff and the 5 star rating on overall cleanliness. Please accept my most sincere apologies the rest of your stay was not perfect. We are always very disappointed to see a 1 star review on Trip Advisor, but I am confident that your experience was the exception rather than the rule as we have not had one in over a year and a half.

The hotel is rectangular in shape and while the corridors are quite large, they are actually relatively easy to navigate. I was surprised to read your comment regarding the Courtyard Facing rooms as they tend to be our most popular and are frequently referenced in a very positive manner on Trip Advisor.

I have addressed your concern with regards to our guacamole with our Chef. Please rest assured that we will use your feedback to improve the quality of this item.

I have included my contact information below, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail and we would certainly appreciate the chance to prove that we are capable of much better on your next visit to Austin.

james.prendeville@hilton.com
512-374-4850
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Visiting Austin for the first time and chose to stay at DT as I am a HH diamond. Together with two friends, we were upgraded to the largest suite in the hotel. Approximately 700 sq ft. First impression of the hotel was okay, but as I took the elevator up to our room, I felt like I was in the 1960s. Aside from the lobby being in the 1990s, the hotel itself is in dire need of renovation.

Pro:
Great HH member recognition
Awesome staff in breakfast restaurant. I think her name is Ellen. She was the most welcoming and patient staff ever.
Decent view from our room, again it was 700sq ft.

Con:
When we returned to hotel, My friend was thinking of grabbing a piece of fruit in the breakfast area. Not only did the hotel concierge stopped me from doing so, but also did it very impolitely. He screamed at my friend that this is not allowed.

Very very outdated room, hallway, and elevator

Though it is 5 miles from downtown, it can take nearly an hour to get to downtown when there is traffic.

Hotel shuttle is merely for display.....

Decent stay after all, room was quiet and bed was comfy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay, I sincerely appreciate your candid feedback and your overall 4 star rating. The name of the server you interacted with in the Café is Mary Ellen, she is outstanding, we receive so many positive comments from our guests regarding the job she does, rest assured I will pass yours along.

The hotel is designed in a very distinct old-world Spanish Colonial style of architecture and while I understand that this is not to the liking of every guest, we receive generally positive feedback regarding it. I was concerned to read the comment regarding your interaction with a staff member when you were grabbing a piece of fruit in the breakfast area. As I am sure you are aware from reading other Trip Advisor reviews, friendly and welcoming service is very important to us, you have my assurance that this will be addressed immediately.

We hope to be able welcome you back on your next visit to Austin.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel is older and shows some signs of its age however it has been cared for. The rooms are spacious and have plenty storage space. The bed was very comfortable with clean and warm bedding. Parking is not free. I didn't have any issues, an overall "very good" experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was delighted to read that your stay was enjoyable and that you enjoyed our guestrooms and beds.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company on your next visit to Austin.

James Prendeville

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin? Share your experiences!