“Nice hotel, great architecture details...” 4 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #63 of 190 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Maryland
“Nice hotel, great architecture details...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice hotel with distinctive architecture you are not going encounter these days. The staff was great. Very welcoming. Rooms were large and comfortable with flat screen TV's. Would stay here again. A little noise creep but not bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks so much for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin. I particularly appreciate the comment regarding our staff and how welcoming they are, they truly are wonderful , I am very proud of all of them. The Spanish Colonial details in the architecture of the hotel are indeed very unique, we receive a lot of positive comments from our guests regarding this.

James Prendeville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business and fun weekends. Checkin is always smooth and easy. The staff is friendly and helpful - they seem to be happy you are there. The outside and inside public areas are clean and fresh. The rooms are always clean, no smells and have plenty of hot water.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was very pleased to read that your experience was positive and I appreciate the kind words regarding our employees, cleanliness standards, guestrooms and public areas.

We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Austin.

Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hi my name is Casey Hertel, I am a person with a disability and confined to a wheelchair, I recently stayed 3 days in your Hotel and was amazingly pleased by it, the Staff was great an very helpful and did everything they could to accomodate us being people disabilities. Thank you, I will be sure to recommend this Hotel to everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking a moment to share your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel on TripAdvisor. I really appreciate the 5 star rating and I was pleased to read that our wonderful staff made your stay in Austin enjoyable.

Lampasas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and I have stayed here before for conferences so I know the hotel can handle large crowds. However, check-in is at 3pm and when I arrived at 5pm I had to wait along with 4 other guests for our rooms to be ready. The excuse we were given is that they had 300 people check out that morning. I got into my room at 5:30pm. I LOVE the room. I had an interior balcony on the 4th floor. It even had an air purifier! My other issue is the 3 extremely slow elevators. And the parking garage is not truck friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding the hotel and your room. The guaranteed check-in time at the hotel is 3pm and there is no excuse that can be made for not being able to honor this, irrespective of the number of departures, please accept my most sincere apologies. With regards to the parking garage, for guests driving large vehicles, we do have a small outdoor oversize vehicle lot available.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Showing it's age but still a nice place to stay. Rooms overlook a charming courtyard and pool. Warm cookies upon check in (although we did have to ask this time). Located right between Papasitos & Papadeauxs.

• Stayed November 2012
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. It is very flattering indeed to be referred to as “charming” we really appreciate your kind words. You should never have to ask for cookies at check-in, you have my assurance that I will be following up on that. Please also remember that if you would like another cookie at any point during your stay, just stop by the desk and ask. We hope to have the pleasure of your company on your next visit to Austin.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Here for a conference, and have had 2 nice days. Good climate control and sound/video presentation, as well as being very organized. The best part, however, has been the salad/potato/soup bar offered for lunch each day! Thank you Doubletree!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the great feedback regarding your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was delighted to read that your stay was positive and I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our food quality, I will be sharing your comments with our culinary team.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Austin Knife and Fork Club meet six times a year for dinner and a program at the Doubletree Austin. The Club has met at other venues but this hotel makes this an elegant, inviting, and great evening for dining. The Catering and Sales manager responds in a timely manner and takes care of all the arrangements for the dinner, such as menus and space. The Chef and his staff, plan creative entrees, delicious sides, and fantastic desserts. The wait staff and banquet manager are courteous, efficient, and professional. Dinner is served quietly, promptly, and efficiently. It is truly a wonderful experience of dining, conversation and interesting speakers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding you catering experiences at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. Our staff really enjoys and looks forward to hosting dinner events for the Austin Knife and Fork Club, we sincerely appreciate your business and your loyalty. I will be passing your kind comments along to our kitchen, banquet department and event planning staff.

We look forward to seeing you back in the hotel again shortly.

James Prendeville
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Crowne Plaza Austin
DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area
Wyndham Garden Austin
#80 of 190 in Austin
4.0 of 5 stars 1,079 reviews

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin? Share your experiences!