“Overall great but there are a few things” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #66 of 188 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lampasas, Texas
“Overall great but there are a few things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and I have stayed here before for conferences so I know the hotel can handle large crowds. However, check-in is at 3pm and when I arrived at 5pm I had to wait along with 4 other guests for our rooms to be ready. The excuse we were given is that they had 300 people check out that morning. I got into my room at 5:30pm. I LOVE the room. I had an interior balcony on the 4th floor. It even had an air purifier! My other issue is the 3 extremely slow elevators. And the parking garage is not truck friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding the hotel and your room. The guaranteed check-in time at the hotel is 3pm and there is no excuse that can be made for not being able to honor this, irrespective of the number of departures, please accept my most sincere apologies. With regards to the parking garage, for guests driving large vehicles, we do have a small outdoor oversize vehicle lot available.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

James Prendeville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Showing it's age but still a nice place to stay. Rooms overlook a charming courtyard and pool. Warm cookies upon check in (although we did have to ask this time). Located right between Papasitos & Papadeauxs.

• Stayed November 2012
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. It is very flattering indeed to be referred to as “charming” we really appreciate your kind words. You should never have to ask for cookies at check-in, you have my assurance that I will be following up on that. Please also remember that if you would like another cookie at any point during your stay, just stop by the desk and ask. We hope to have the pleasure of your company on your next visit to Austin.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Here for a conference, and have had 2 nice days. Good climate control and sound/video presentation, as well as being very organized. The best part, however, has been the salad/potato/soup bar offered for lunch each day! Thank you Doubletree!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the great feedback regarding your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was delighted to read that your stay was positive and I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our food quality, I will be sharing your comments with our culinary team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Austin Knife and Fork Club meet six times a year for dinner and a program at the Doubletree Austin. The Club has met at other venues but this hotel makes this an elegant, inviting, and great evening for dining. The Catering and Sales manager responds in a timely manner and takes care of all the arrangements for the dinner, such as menus and space. The Chef and his staff, plan creative entrees, delicious sides, and fantastic desserts. The wait staff and banquet manager are courteous, efficient, and professional. Dinner is served quietly, promptly, and efficiently. It is truly a wonderful experience of dining, conversation and interesting speakers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding you catering experiences at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. Our staff really enjoys and looks forward to hosting dinner events for the Austin Knife and Fork Club, we sincerely appreciate your business and your loyalty. I will be passing your kind comments along to our kitchen, banquet department and event planning staff.

We look forward to seeing you back in the hotel again shortly.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

While we did not stay at the Doubletree....we had the most wonderful experience for our alumni group! Carleen, the catering manager was the best one I have dealt with in the past 5 years.....and I have dealt with a lot! She was readily available ( no phone tag), she worked with us on price, the menu was a hit and the food was delicious! While she was not there the night of our event, the banquet manager could not have been more helpful and accommodating! It was a most pleasant experience and we will be going back!!

We are also in the Knife and Fork Club that meets there six times a year and those wonderful experiences are what led me to go there with the alum group. Top drawer all the way!

Room Tip: Not applicable as we did not stay overnight.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review of your recent catering experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the planning experience with Carleen, the food and the service on the evening of the event. Carleen is one of our best and I will be passing your kind comments along to her.

We look forward to hosting another successful event for you in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I just think Hiltons are going downhill. Plus we're large rooms and comply bed. Minus were cheesy updates that still leave the decor feeling really old and outdated which makes you wonder what else they are not paying attention to.

• Stayed October 2012
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our large rooms and extremely comfortable beds but I was disappointed to read that the rest of your stay was below your expectations.

Your complete satisfaction is very important to me and I would like to have the opportunity to speak you in more detail regarding your observations. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the number below. I do appreciate the feedback and I hope we will have an opportunity to prove to you that we are capable of better on a future visit to Austin.

james.prendeville@hilton.com
512-374-4850
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Double Tree by Hilton? In name only I think. The lobby is lovely and the reception staff are welcoming and helpful, but once you are up in your room things quickly go downhill. They are in urgent need of some TLC - the decor is pretty tired and the finishings are of quite a poor standard. The air conditioning makes a racket and doesn't help the room cool down. And they lack the little touches (paper coffee cups in a Hilton?!) which I would usually expect. The hotel is also quite far away from Austin and it'll take you 10mins or so in a taxi to the centre. Not so bad if you're only there for a night or two but any more and you might want to be a bit closer. Don't have a bad word to say about the staff though - they were all really friendly and gave us some good tips on where to eat and drink in Austin. However Hilton needs to spend some money on this hotel to bring it up to their standard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay, I am very sorry that your experience was not 100% positive. I do appreciate you recognizing our great staff and the wonderful service they provide our guests.

I was disappointed to read that you were not pleased with the décor and furnishings in your room and I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your observations further. With regards to the coffee cups in the rooms, we did change to a wrapped paper cup a number of years ago. This was actually based on guest feedback for the need for a "to-go" cup that could be remobved form the room.

We are located about 5-10 minutes from downtown depending on traffic, I certainly hope that you were aware of this in advance of you arrival. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the pleasure of your company in the future.

james.prendeville@hilton.com
512-374-4850

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin? Share your experiences!