Not going to lie. If I had the cash I would always stay here. I was able to Priceline this for about 100 bucks a night.
The Hotel is a little bit difficult to get to since it's not directly off the highway. You have to exit the highway then be on the service road for a tad bit but no big deal. This place is worth it.
I was able to get a room that was facing the court yard. Blew me away at how beautiful it was. You DO share a balcony. Your back door opens out into an out door hall way type. So if you're afraid don't worry. There's a dead bolt and you get privacy curtains. When I was here there was a wedding happening so it was a bit busy.
Parking - I didn't have to pay for parking, probably because of the wedding? But I've read in other reviews that you have to pay for parking? I hope this is not that case. The garage is big but the floor get full fast. Thankfully I was on the 3rd floor and parking was empty on that floor. BE CAREFUL when you drive through the garage, the turns are tight. Some people drive in the middle of the lanes when they turn as well.
Rooms - Rooms were awesome, lots of lights. ELECTRICAL OUTLETS everywhere. Big plus! I do not want to be confined to a space to charge my phone or use my laptop if I need it to be charged. My phone didnt have signal in the room (I have T-Mobile) my friends had AT&T and it worked fine. Free WIFI was fast enough to surf the web and do what you need, it's not that slow. Room was clean when we got in. Nice 42" LCD and good channels for free! Bathroom was pretty nice as well, hot water was hot. Bed was very comfortable.
Check In/ Check out - The people were very nice and accommodating. Two free warm cookies when I checked in!
Overall - Very good place! Definitely a place to stay if you want a lovely view if you got the court yard. I see the manager is very attentive to this review. BIG PLUS cause you know they care. Does not make crazy excuses like some places I've seen. Rooms are great! Prices are not too bad either! I'm just a bargain hunter, but I will be looking forward to staying here again in the near future!
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Austin Hotel
- Doubletree By Hilton Austin Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Austin
- Austin Doubletree
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin, centrally located at the intersection of IH-35 North and Highway 290 East. Situated between the downtown business district and the Austin Arboretum, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin is just 20 minutes from Austin Bergstrom International Airport and five minutes from downtown Austin. Our elegant Spanish Colonial-style hotel is minutes from the best shopping, dining and entertainment Austin has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hilton Hotels, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.