“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #142 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My name is Kevin E. Wilson. The management and staff at the Red Roof Inn I-35 North in Austin, Texas, are always courteous and informative and make sure all your needs are met. If anyone traveling to austin area need's a nice clean in-expensive place to stay, I would highly recommend Red Roof Inn. Matt Franklin is the manager at the Austin Texas North I-35 Red Roof Inn, He always give's me and my spouse a great deal on the rates, we do a lot of repeat bussiness because of that and it's cleanliness and staff attentiveness we have no compliants and only good review commments about Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

$66 dollars is cheap, so I can't complain about the room. You get what you pay for, right?

I will complain about the front desk clerk. I arrived late on Friday night. When I walked up to the office the door was locked, and she insisted on greeting (yelling at) me through the glass door. She honestly asked me "What do you want?". I typically receive a "good evening" , a "welcome" or sometimes "are you here to check-in?". Not at the Red Roof. They are trained to say "What do you want?"

After a minute waiting in the cold she agreed to open the door. I explained that I had just called the 800 number and made a reservation a few moments ago. Without asking my name, she tries to convince me that I do not have reservations. When I explain that I have a confirmation, she try to tell me that when you book via phone, the reservation is for the following day, and I have made a mistake. I will not have a room tonight.

She is in no way trying to solve my problem (which she created), rather she kept finding ways to prevent me from having a room. After a bit of back and forth, she finally asks my name and looks me up on her computer. She confirms that I have a room, and it was paid in full via the 800 number. No apology, no change in attitude.

After she presses buttons on her keyboard for a while, I assumed she would produce a room key for me. Nope! One of her friends drops by and she stops helping me to speak with him. She gives him a beverage and gives him a friendly goodbye. Then she hands me the key. She made me wait just because she could. She was enjoying what she was doing to me. Making me wait in the cold. Delivering false bad news to me at 2am after driving all night. Depriving me of rest for every extra moment that she could. For her pleasure.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Loved the room, very clean, we'll appointed, flat screen TV, mini fridge and microwave, good lighting, lovely bathroom, lots of hot water.

Beds were a little soft but free of butt dents.

Parking can be an issue esp closer to the front.

The price constantly changed though. It ranged from $49-$97 during the time we stayed there. We used our free coupons so don't know actual price was being charged.

There are lots of lower end hotels in the area and difficult to get to restaurants if you're on the wrong side of the establishment. Crazy drivers so use your blinker well in advance of your turn.

• Stayed October 2014
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

The room spelled musty, there was mold in the bathroom, after showering, all of our feet were black the floors were so dirty. Front desk was rude. My son-in-law has some kind of bug bites on his feet after staying here. Will not stay again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014 via mobile

Okay so from the beginning I realized it was at a horrible location, right off of a busy high way so it was very difficult to get out of the parking lot at times. When my husband and I checked in (not to mention that we had just arrived from a long 9 hr drive so we honestly just wanted to get there and get our sleep that we needed), the lady at the front desk gave bad service right off the bat.. She was not welcoming at all. Once we got our key we headed to our room only to find cockroaches crawling ALL over the place and the smell was horrible. We obviously not gonna stay and sleep there so we returned to the front desk, my husband kindly asked if we could get another room.. And she made all types of bothered gestures as if we were asking for too much.. At the end she ended up giving us another room key, we didn't find bugs in this one however, we did find dirty towels stuffed in a cabinet.. dirty pillow covers, and FILTHY toilets as if they had not been scrubbed for months.. My husband and I are not picky people but ANYBODY would be bothered by this type of service and maintenance.

• Stayed October 2014
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

The last few times I have stayed at this hotel it h as gradually gone downhill. The outside was very trashy, and I watched one of the help kick with her foot a piece of trash off the porch but at least towards the trashcan. The inside of the room appeared clean, though there was no alarm clock, the TV had to be turned on manually and the channel selection was about the poorest I have ever experienced in a hotel. The manager, Matt, is very helpful though and that is nice.

Room Tip: Do not take room 125. Light switch cover is broken and the air-conditioner is so loud, you cannot...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

Well my stay at the red roof hotel was great, needed to get away from the family, an also looking for apartments in the process. My checking was great the manager Matt Franklin was great nice personality an quick check in, my stay was also quite an peaceful , had a few restraunt to choose from. This is a nice hotel to stay at, didn't have any issues with room, upon check out customer service representative was nice as well.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!