“WORST RED ROOF EVER!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“WORST RED ROOF EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was definitely the worst Red Roof I have ever stayed at. As far as that's concerned it was the worst hotel! I should have known when we drove up and there was a security guard in the parking lot. That should have been a dead give away. The elevators and grounds were filthy!!! They definitely need to invest in a "power washer" and clean this property as it does NOT represent the Red Roof properties I have stayed in corporately all over. The night staff greets you behid bullet proof glass, however during the day it is different. Besides being dirty, the prices offered had "a catch." If you stayed so many days in a row (3) and did NOT stay over a weekend, you got the cheaper rate that is advertised. If not, the rate was higher. I wonder if the corporate office of Red Roof know that this is how they do business. This was our fist and last time staying here for sure. As a redicard member we asked for water and the front desk clerk said SORRY, you got a bottle last night! In closing, both the rooms, the grounds, and the entire property need to undergoing major cleaning and renovation for sure!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was comfortable and clean. There is some renovation going on when we were there but the pool was open. Address provided can be confusing, using the gps. Calling the hotel number will be helpful. No breakfast but lots of shops around for food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice comment, it was a pleasure for us to have you as guest !The pictures you had I believer from March or beginning of April, New we have new furniture and linen . We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you're not expecting a Hilton, and just want the basics; it would be hard to beat the value. Considering it is one of the lowest priced hotels you can find, I have no complaint. Sure; no fancy brunch set-up in the mornings, but that's not their deal. You get a room that's always cleaned, professional staff, a continual supply of fresh coffee in the lobby, and a pool to boot! Currently undergoing a paced & methodical overhaul, on one hand they have some gaps in things like refrigerators or hangers in the rooms, but on the other hand this place will only get better. Professionally run with plenty of lighting, cameras and a security guard making rounds at night to insure your car is safe, and special kudos to Matt, who is always cheerful and takes care of business, ensuring that your stay goes without hitches. Just watch the driveway entrance as it's a bit hidden. After that, it's a breeze.

Room Tip: If you're not use to freeway noise, ask for a room facing West; a mostly vacant lot. They have...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice comment, it was a pleasure for us to have you as guest ! We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Service was great, no complaints at all. We were greeted right when we walked into the lobby. Room Was ok, we were not there very long. The pool area looked good but we did not use it. we would stay there again if we go to austin again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure for us to have you as guest ! We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Coffeyville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, when we pulled in I was very nervous about staying here.

Upon arrival to room, realized there were no hangers in the closet area, no hair dryer, no art on the wall (was it stolen?), but there was a refrigerator and a microwave.

Decent bed. Slept well. Not sure if it was because the bed was really comfortable or I was just that tired. Shower has a slow drain, but it works.

It is somewhat difficult to access as you can only get to it from the north and if you miss the turn, you have to keep going around in circles.

Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment, We were under renovation , now we have new furniture .it was a pleasure for us to have you as guest ! We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I don't like North Austin at all Nothing Against Red Roof.
I am a very picky customer and I know I'm not at the Ritz. The staff are great. The new rooms look good. My stay was good. I didn't have a desk I mentioned to front desk when I got in from work there it was. When I arrived though my first question was am I ghetto? I didn't feel comfortable at all but do to work decided to not fight it. I do back next week. We'll see!

• Stayed May 2013
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, May 16, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My experience at this hotel was wonderful. I saw the previous reviews, nervous bout the location. I decided to go ahead and book. The reviews have it all wrong, the front desk agents made my stay feel safer. I was pleased to see they were updating the property. The newly remodeld rooms were nice especially the new furniture they added while my stay there. I didnt hear a single construction noise. The price was a good deal. This is a location i would book over and over again. Shout out to the housekeeping and especially the front desk crew. Thank you for the wonderful service. Keep it up.

• Stayed May 2013
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013

Red Roof Inn Team

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!