“I must say the stay here was like a wonderful experence. Rooms are very nicly sized .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Austin North

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Austin North to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Austin North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8210 N Interregional Highway 35, Austin, TX 78753   |
Ranked #136 of 182 hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Staying here was nice .The staff very professional polite and courteous. I stayed there a total of 3 days and they took care of my every need, and even gave great recommendations on local eating establishments. I loved how the staff took time and genuinely cared about my comfort. Rooms were recently renovated and up to date . I d like to say thank you to Bhavin , Matt,and Crystal the front desk team. Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear psben, thank you for your very nice comment, it was a pleasure for us to have you as guest ! We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Thanks,
Red Roof Inn Team

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you are on a tight budget and need a place to sleep and recover while visiting Austin, this is the place. Ya ya, the reviews from the PAST aren't that hot but I had no issues with this place. The room I stayed in 317 had been redone, new flooring, it was clean, bed was new, microwave and TV. Bathroom was clean also. Staff was friendly on check in and best of all they allow pets. I felt safe and secure here and my vintage vehicle was fine both nights I stayed. Sure it's not the Embassy at 170 a night but wouldn't you rather forego a few things and spend your money on food, gifts etc? Great place.

Room Tip: Mgr says all rooms have been remodled and new staff in place.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Derik, Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and will ensure I share your comments with the team. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Bhavin Patel
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Four long nights from Feb 28-March 3, 2013, room had a smell to it,not to mention roaches and was run down, didnt have one good nights rest because of the roaches but you get what you pay for and was hard to find because of vaccant building in front of hotel..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment about our hotel, We are working with City officials to improve our entrance size . We do apologies for inconvenience you had with us but definitely we will take care of issues that you have mentioned.We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Thanks,
Red Roof Inn Team
Plano, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at a Red Roof Inn the previous night (Feb. 7, 2013) in New Braundfuls, TX with ok experience. I planed on staying at another Red Roof Inn Austin North the next night (Feb. 8, 2013) - the experience was horrible.

- safety was an issue (inside the lobby and parking lot)
- the motel had Austin Police pratrol the grounds all night and were there when I tried to check in
- other visitors who were staying at the motel were rude at the front desk while I was checking in making me feel very uncomfortable.
- 1st room the front desk gave me - did not open with key - the door was painted shut
- 2nd room upstairs smelled of smoke (even through they informed me they gave me a non-smoking room)
- the frig and microwave were humming loudly. (I had to unplug)
- too many other visitors were smoking outside to close to my room

I had to go back down to front desk three different times due to these issues and finally asked for my credit card to be credit back. I did not stay the night at this location. This all took place at about 10:00pm the evening of Feb. 8, 2013.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my cheapest option with my two dogs. The hotel room was clean and since the hotel has an outdoor layout, it made things more convenient. I was surprised to see the outdoor staff actually cleaning up after the pets! I carry waste bags but I know not everyone else does. Usually hotels who allow dogs don't actually do anything about the pet waste no one cleans up. However, they did! There isn't any real green space to walk the dogs, but the bit there is- is well kept.
I would stay here again and I would say that for the price, it is a decent place to stay. The staff is what makes this a good place to stay. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Killeen, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I haven't even finished my stay here and I'm considering leaving. I stayed here before and don't remember it being so terrible. I love Red Roofs Inns because I travel a lot with my dog.. But this one will make me think twice when booking my next stay. The room has not been updated in probably over a decade. The shower had hair in it. And the noise level at night sucks. The only good thing about this place is its location when you're looking to get downtown.

• Stayed November 2012
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spent one night at this location. The people checking in were nice, my reservation was handled correctly, and the room was clean.

They have a couple of disadvantages;
1. Location - it is on a one-way surface street and, if you miss the turn into the motel, you are in trouble. You have to go all the way down I-35, make two U-turns and hope you can see the tiny "Entrance" sign the second time around.

2. Closed restaurant - the front side of the motel has closed restaurant attached to it. You can only imagine, on the north side of Austin, what kind of person gets drawn to the area. Suffice to say I parked my truck directly under the brightest light I could find in the parking lot. Maybe it's me but I just did not feel comfortable leaving the room at night.

Overall, the place is "average".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your feedback is an important teaching tool. We are aware of narrow entrance and closed restaurant on front of the hotel. We are working on addressing these issues so can accommodate guests with positive experience.Again, I thank you and hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you.

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!