“As cheap as it can get!” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Austin North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8210 N Interregional Highway 35, Austin, TX 78753   |
Ranked #141 of 190 Hotels in Austin
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“As cheap as it can get!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for a night. The price was really really low and since we were 3, this was our best bet.
I must say, this place is a little scary. When we reached, there were cops in the hotel adjacent to it, very chaotic and scary and the appearance of this hotel is a little shady, too!

The rooms are ok, old decor, stained towels but I don't think they can afford a better decor with the prices they charge and since I was here for a night, did not matter.

If you are looking for an inexpensive pit stop or just a night to crash, this is great, would not recommend otherwise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Raisa,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Austin North Red Roof. We always like to hearing about the experiences our guests have at our hotels. We are already working with Austin city officials to clean up the area. Therefore We do have security guard at night and 24 hour live audio video monitoring system on our property. We are working on renovation of our property as well so our guest can have positive experiences. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next stay at Red Roof.

Bhavin Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bryan, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great price but scary place and not the cleanest place either. Room keys were not issued. You had to come to the office and get the security guard to escort you to your room and allow you entry each time. Said they had issues with people around that area stealing keys and entering the rooms at will. When I first got to the room, the bed was made but there was paper trash that had not been thrown away and there were two loofa sponges in the bath tub. Would NOT do this one again. Not worth it. Loud people running the balconies all night long with keys!! Kinda scary that they wouldn not issue keys but then you would see people with keys going into rooms. Was not easy to get a good nights sleep for worring if your room would be broken into while you were trying to sleep. There is a Super 8 down the road that could be comparable with the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

well it was a unplanned stay. looking for a decent room for the night. they were very busy that weekend. room was clean but older decor. no frills. staff was friendly and gave me a decent rate. not my first choice to stay...but was decent for the price.

• Stayed September 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Well the entrance to this hotel can be easily missed. The office staff was very nice but it did smell of old musty carpet. This is not one of the better end of the Red Roof chain. It is most in need of a major renovation. The king room we got was very large compared to many places I have been. Hope the smoke detector works as it is wrapped in plastic on the wall.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Man where do I start the loction is not so good the office smells the carpet is dirty and my room stinks. I had to leave because I got sick to my stomach.I guess you get what you pay for. The staff was ok.

• Stayed July 2012
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Made a last minute trip to what I hear they call "Atx". Unfortunately for a funeral, so didn't get to see much of Austin.
Stayed 2 nights at this location. Clean pool, took a dip and found it cleaner than most hotel pools. This particular location is older. It just needs some TLC on the outside. My room was clean. Staff was beyond friendly and helpful. In particular Jennifer and Carol. Although I saw many different people and all were nice.
I did have to get a different key, mine wouldn't work at first. Hardly call that anything worth complaining about though. I have had that happen in $300 a night hotels.
You can't really walk quickly to any eateries. They have a restaurant on site, but it is closed.
For overall, clean, friendly, cheap and I saw a policeman walking around at night for security. I felt comfortable and safe.

Room Tip: I just got the cheapest and was pleased.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel is awful! The only bright side was the nice guy who checked us in. The room we were in smelled like urine, we had no towels in our room (not a single one) and overall I wouldn't ever recommend anyone stay here. Ever.

• Stayed May 2012
redroof210, Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am sorry your room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is an important teaching tool, and I have already addressed the issue you stated with our Housekeeping staff. Again, I thank you and hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Days Inn Austin Crossroads
#130 of 190 in Austin
3.0 of 5 stars 318 reviews
South Austin
Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
Clarion Inn Austin North
#114 of 190 in Austin
3.5 of 5 stars 159 reviews

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!