“Not a SAFE place to stay!!” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Austin North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8210 N Interregional Highway 35, Austin, TX 78753   |
Ranked #141 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Bryan, Texas
“Not a SAFE place to stay!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great price but scary place and not the cleanest place either. Room keys were not issued. You had to come to the office and get the security guard to escort you to your room and allow you entry each time. Said they had issues with people around that area stealing keys and entering the rooms at will. When I first got to the room, the bed was made but there was paper trash that had not been thrown away and there were two loofa sponges in the bath tub. Would NOT do this one again. Not worth it. Loud people running the balconies all night long with keys!! Kinda scary that they wouldn not issue keys but then you would see people with keys going into rooms. Was not easy to get a good nights sleep for worring if your room would be broken into while you were trying to sleep. There is a Super 8 down the road that could be comparable with the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

well it was a unplanned stay. looking for a decent room for the night. they were very busy that weekend. room was clean but older decor. no frills. staff was friendly and gave me a decent rate. not my first choice to stay...but was decent for the price.

• Stayed September 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Well the entrance to this hotel can be easily missed. The office staff was very nice but it did smell of old musty carpet. This is not one of the better end of the Red Roof chain. It is most in need of a major renovation. The king room we got was very large compared to many places I have been. Hope the smoke detector works as it is wrapped in plastic on the wall.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Man where do I start the loction is not so good the office smells the carpet is dirty and my room stinks. I had to leave because I got sick to my stomach.I guess you get what you pay for. The staff was ok.

• Stayed July 2012
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Made a last minute trip to what I hear they call "Atx". Unfortunately for a funeral, so didn't get to see much of Austin.
Stayed 2 nights at this location. Clean pool, took a dip and found it cleaner than most hotel pools. This particular location is older. It just needs some TLC on the outside. My room was clean. Staff was beyond friendly and helpful. In particular Jennifer and Carol. Although I saw many different people and all were nice.
I did have to get a different key, mine wouldn't work at first. Hardly call that anything worth complaining about though. I have had that happen in $300 a night hotels.
You can't really walk quickly to any eateries. They have a restaurant on site, but it is closed.
For overall, clean, friendly, cheap and I saw a policeman walking around at night for security. I felt comfortable and safe.

Room Tip: I just got the cheapest and was pleased.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel is awful! The only bright side was the nice guy who checked us in. The room we were in smelled like urine, we had no towels in our room (not a single one) and overall I wouldn't ever recommend anyone stay here. Ever.

• Stayed May 2012
redroof210, Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am sorry your room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is an important teaching tool, and I have already addressed the issue you stated with our Housekeeping staff. Again, I thank you and hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have stayed here before on my regular travels and honestly didn't like the staff. This last time though, there were two new faces that were ACTUALLY professional. I believe the young kid is Dylan and I don't remember the new lady's name. I think she is the new manager. I have continued to stay here even though they weren't very friendly because it is close to my meetings. Recently, I feel like the property is cleaner and I don't see as many "wanderers". I do wish they would get someone operating the restaurant though. It would be beneficial to the customers and the empty building makes it look like the Inn might be closed down too.
It seems like it would be a minor investment to freshen up the property. Some plants and fresh paint make all the difference in the world.
The rooms are clean and comfortable for the price. There are cameras and security at night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!