“Pleasant Stay at Days Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #132 of 193 Hotels in Austin
“Pleasant Stay at Days Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have stayed at this Days Inn several times now during the Motorcycle Rally, which is centrally located to downtown, the biker rally and some of the stores we like to shop at. The room was very clean and comfortable, as usual, and the staff was extremely courteous and very helpful in giving us directions and suggestions, such as to the Oasis on Lake Travis. We had a wonderful lunch at the Oasis while enjoying great views of Lake Travis and would highly recommend this restaurant. Breakfast items were diverse enough to give us a good start of the day, especially the waffles and hard boiled eggs. One suggestion we have is to have the Days Inn signs by the side entrances lit up so you can see them at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The room I was given has very thin walls that I was able to hear my neighbors, and toilet has stains. Whenever a neighbor use the bathroom or hang some clothes. I could not sleep in the property or take a rest which is the main purpose of staying at a hotel.
Also, at 3 am after I was finally able to sleep, I was awaken by the water sound from my neighbor maybe using the sink or the shower, I called the front desk twice, but nobody answered.
I talked with Dennis at the front desk the next morning, and he was very rude, saying that I should have checked out (at 3 am) since they were very packed, and I told him I did not want to pay for that night, since I couldn't sleep, and he charged me anyways.
The breakfast was also bad, the food was old, and there weren't any napkins. I had to request some napkins after waiting for a while, since nobody was attending the breakfast area
I asked for a manager, and there was no manager in place, they did not know his schedule, and told me to call later and ask for him. I have been calling the next 4 days and he is never there. I asked the staff to have him call me back, and it has never happened. I sent him an email, and no replies. It's like he doesn't care about the hotel, and the hotel doesn't care about its customers.
They just offer a cheaper price and a good location to attract customers, and then they scare them away as fast as they attracted them

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business