“Horrible Customer Service - Mediocre Food” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Burger Tex
5420 Airport Blvd., Austin, TX 78751 (Hyde Park)
512-453-8772
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,112 of 3,158 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Austin, Texas
“Horrible Customer Service - Mediocre Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Well, after reading all the reviews, I am definitely not the first to experience this. The customer service has gone completely downhill as the Korean guy behind the counter strikes again. After being very rude as I asked him a question about the place. I went back to my seat, then stood up and took his picture. He stormed out from behind the cash register, yelling at me "I will break your f%#^@g camera" and bumped me in my chest with his. He then proceeded to call the police saying that I was trespassing. After all was said and done, the police officers informed me that I have every right to go downtown and press charges for assault. The food has also gone way downhill but the service takes the cake. I will never return there again. Sad to see such a good place from long ago turn out like this.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Austin, TX
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Burger Tex is an Austin tradition. The burgers are excellent, as long as you don't mind some grease :-) The onion rings are as delicious. The restaurant itself could use a good cleaning but has a neat vibe to it.

Visited August 2011
“Best Burger in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

This is the best burger in Austin. Why? Because you make it yourself! The only thing they put on your burger is cheese if you want it, and then you go to the condiment bar and put whatever you want on there. So far we have only had the regular burgers, but next time I'm trying the Bugolki burger (Korean barbque basically). The one on Airport is the original and is probably the best. The guy that manages it is always there and is very friendly. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a quiet atmosphere with great people and a great burger.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bulgogi Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Bulgogi Burger

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I do appreciate a deliciously greasy burger.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I do appreciate a deliciously greasy burger.

Been to Burger Tex? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Burger Tex, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.