“Don't lie to your customers!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hey Cupcake

Hey Cupcake
1600 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78705 (South Austin)
(512) 476-2253
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Late Night
Neighborhood: South Austin
“Don't lie to your customers!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that the love or "luv" cupcake was pretty tasty. Its a strawberry cream cheese icing with chocolate cake. This review is about the service I received. It was late Saturday night. I was in the mood to try something sweet. I usually go for an Italian cream or red velvet at other cupcakeries. When I went to order the guy running the shop said all he had left was the luv cupcake. I was a bit disappointed but I decided to try it anyways. After I paid and began to walk off I overheard the family that was sitting at the picnic table order a vanilla cream cupcake. and the guy served them one. Now why he would lie to one set of customers and give others what they want is beyond me. I wanted to go back and ask for a refund but since I'm from out of town I did not want to risk not receiving my funds. Not sure if this is a regular occurance at this lunch truck type of business. So if you go to this stand and see an African American male with long locks be Leary if he tells you that your desired dessert is unavailable. Food: great Service: terrible

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Loved the Vanilla Dream. My husband and I split one because the night before we each got one and it was too much to eat after having eaten dinner. These are great cupcakes.

Visited February 2013
“Super Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The best cupcakes in Austin. They even have really yummy vegan options. A must place to visit while in Austin.

Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
“Delish cupcake truck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We all loved our cupcakes. The red velvet was so good. My friends still talks about it and she promised that we must go back as soon as possible. On South Congress with all of the other food trucks.

Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
“Stale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My cupcake was stale so I wasn't impressed. I was expecting a moist, fresh cupcake but it was really stale and dry.

Visited April 2012