“Nice cafe style food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tino's Greek Cafe

Tino's Greek Cafe
13450 N Highway 183, Austin, TX 78750-3239 (Northwest Austin)
512-336-5999
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Bagshot, United Kingdom
“Nice cafe style food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was taken to lunch here on a recent business trip to Austin. The food was good, the salad fresh and everything plentiful (which I found at almost every dining establishment I tried!). I had a "lunch" plate of chicken, double salad, an aubergine/egg plant dip that I can't remember the name of and tzatziki, accompanied with a pitta bread. All of it was lovely.

Whilst it was a great cafe style place for lunch I am not sure it is the sort of place I would want to go for dinner as I like table service for a meal out.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

College Station, Texas
“I LOVE THIS PLACE! MUST try the falafel, veggie moussaka, tzatsiki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We used to live in Austin. Every single time I go back, I go to Tino's on Mopac in the shopping center with Spec's. I buy all the falafel, veggie Moussaka, tzatsiki, Lentil soup that I can eat within a couple of days. I am not Greek, but I know what I like. I have tried LOTS of falafel. Tino's makes the absolute best I have ever had. I am so sorry we no longer live in Austin, and eating at Tino's is just yet another reminder of that. It is just a regular old café. No frills. The staff is not overly friendly. I just adore the food. You will not be sorry!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“EXCELLENT GREEK FOOD AT A LOW PRICE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went to the location at 5501 Balcones, for a friend's birthday, not expecting too much from the food. WOW! I was blown away from the first bite. 5-star babba gannouj (yummm, sigh); 5-star chicken (my taste buds were dancing); 4.5-star vegetable moussaka (slightly piquant, interesting); 4-star tzatsiki; 4-star hummus. More than acceptable side salad. Big, soft pita -- tasty. I thought I was getting avgolemono soup, but it tasted more like canned chicken vegetable soup (blech). That's totally OK. There was still more than I could eat, and the leftovers were fantastic.

If you're not sure what you want or aren't familiar with Greek food, fear not. You can have a sample before you decide. Didn't even need to ask!

I will definitely be back. Sorry it took me so long to finally try it out. By the way, I have LOVED Greek food for many years, so I'm not an amateur.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas, Australia
“Vegetarian,Vegan, (and meat if you want it)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Food was excellent! Small place near a medical complex.Veggie platter (5 or 6 foods) and bottle water = $12.75, dinner.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Not worth the price for the service and food quality.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

The service was aweful. I walked in and greeted the two workers behind the counter and confessed to one that I have never been here.
He was rude in explaining how the ordering process worked and whenever is ask for an item, he usually got it from inside a small microwave on the side and NOT from the food that was in the serving trays in front of us.
It took all of 45 seconds to order an I was hoping the quality of the food would make up for the lack in service. The food was okay, but a little too oily and stale.
I will not be returning and I would suggest that for the price ($23 for two lunch combos and two drinks) you visit another Greek restaurant and actually enjoy your food and atmosphere.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere