“Small but Big” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Botticelli's

Botticelli's
1321 South Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704 (South Austin)
(512) 916-1315
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Botticelli's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 3,231 Restaurants in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Austin
Cross street: Gibson
Description: Botticelli’s South Congress is a fun and tasty Italian restaurant located in the heart of the exciting "SOCO" district. Botticelli's serves fresh and delicious Italian food combining old family recipes with new, inventive ones. Andrew and Matt Botticelli are the proud owners and are made even more proud by the food that Botticelli's delivers through its amazing staff. There are both an intimate dining room up front and a large beautiful beer garden out back, where there is live music Thursday through Saturday night. Full menu is available inside or out and at either bar. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Austin, Texas
“Small but Big”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Just a little place on South Congress but fantastic. A lovely Caprese salad with some wonderful Balsamic followed by their Pansotti di Fungo. Scrumptious! and just a touch of Red wine

Visited January 2014

St. Joseph, MI
“Boys night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Christmas time and the boys decided it was a good evening to go out and enjoy the sites of Austin. My son-in-law, who lives in Austin, picked out the entertainment for the evening. This was our second stop and time for dinner. Could not have been happier with our dinner location. Small and not too large we sat near the back in a booth by the kitchen. Normally that might be a turnoff but it was not loud and actually pretty entertaining. The staff is top-notch so that's a great way to start the evening. First we had the Botticelli Bread and would recommend this if you're not sure what you'd like to have to start the evening off. For dinner I had the Pansotti di Fungo with Italian Sausage - excellent - and more than enough to eat. Everyone raved about their meals. I would return here often if I lived in Austin.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Corona, California
“Upscale Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Visiting Austin on business, we happened upon Botticelli's. Much more upscale than we had intended, but we weren't disappointed. The atmosphere is great - very small and cozy - busy, even on a week night. Excellent wine selection and a diverse menu. The portions were surprisingly large. The lasagna comes widely recommended. We split a dessert - the chocolate mousse - HEAVEN.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Always a Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We've eaten at Botticelli's many times and I have to say that it's always been a pleasant experience. Very friendly team, solid wine list, excellent food and a fun back patio / bar. It reminds me of a number of neighborhood Italian restaurants I've eaten at over the years in Chicago - which, I understand, is where the owners came from, moving to Austin some time ago. A definite anchor on South Congress - pleasant and not pretentious. I think you'll like it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Best Italian Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the best Italian restaurant that my husband and I have EVER been to. Literally! It was recommended to us by a friend and we are so happy we went there! I ordered the molasses marinated lamb chops with green beans and goat cheese panna cotta. The ribs were cooked to perfection! My husband ordered the cherry and venison bolognese with sweet potato gnocchi and loved it! I tasted some of his venison and will definitely have this the next time we are in Austin! The flavor was very unique and delicious! The service was awesome. We were having difficulty getting a cab after dinner, so the owner flagged down a cab for us! I can't say enough about our experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere