“What a beautiful wedding!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Austin's Inn at Pearl Street

You added Austin's Inn at Pearl Street to your Saves list
Austin's Inn at Pearl Street
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   809 West Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin, TX 78701 (West Campus)   |
Ranked #11 of 40 Austin B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mackinaw City
“What a beautiful wedding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

My Husband and recently attended a wedding at the Inn at Pearl Street and I just have to comment on how beautiful and wonderful it was!!! The wedding took place on this beautiful deck situated between the two charming homes and under these huge and old Pecan trees which shaded us and provided a wonderful breeze throughout the wedding.. The food was yummy and, according to the bride, was catered by the owner and Staff at the Inn.....I was so impressed that I asked the owner to give us a tour of the Inn and the rooms are so charming with private baths and flat screen TVs... We plan to come back and spend a week at this magnificent Inn....R.D.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Great experience, everything explained ahead of time. If you love antiques and every theme of a room you can imagine along with a great staff and extreamly close proximaty
to UT, Museums, I- Max and fabulous restaurants.
This is the place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Canyon Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

My best friend and I had her birthday here for 3 wonderful days. Beautiful grounds and rooms. Great innkeeper and staff met our every need. Very close to downtown in a beautiful neighborhood. A MUST stay if you are in Austin for business or pleasure. We have traveled and stayed in many places when we have our "girl time...get away" and this was awesome. Cindy and Cindy from Houston and Canyon Lake!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

My Partner and I loved this place, we had the Gothic Suite which was great. I would highly recomend this place. I'm blown away by the bad reviews, I thought that hte Owner Jill was great. I guess some people need a lot of attention.

My partner and I loved it and will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I made a reservation through BedandBreakfast.com for 2 nights at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street. I chose the hotel for it's proximity to the downtown Hilton where our friend's wedding reception was being held. Several minutes later an employee from Austin's Inn called to let me know that they would not honor the reservation. As a consolation prize she offered me another room at DOUBLE the price for the first night of my reservation and TRIPLE the price for Saturday night.
When I balked at the sudden price change she gave me a very condescending explaination; "We are a five star hotel, we don't rent rooms for $50 a night. You should look at Motel 6 or Super 8." To that employee I have to say, you should honor your reservations, because you ARE a five star establishment. We ended up staying 15 miles out of town, but at an establishment with a KIND and COURTEOUS staff.
I have traveled on six continents and my experience with the employee at Austin's Inn was about the worst I've had anywhere.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Stayed for a long weekend and was very pleasantly surprised by the accomodations inside and out...Many rooms and suites of varying character to choose from plus lots of comfotable sitting areas in the parlor and living room, nice dining room plus several seating areas on deck, patios, by a fountain, under the trees, and more...it goes on and on. Very quiet, close to UTA, museums, restaurants and town...Great for our Business g& Getaway combo....will definitely stay again. Jill, the owner, is the BEST!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

I was in Austin on business from the UK, researching at the University. I stayed in the Texas Hideaway. The room was perfect for me, extremely sizeable with a kitchenette inc. breakfast bar, plenty of seats & sofas and a dining table I was able to work at. The housekeeper was friendly & thorough; perfect, save a couple of mixups about the best time to come! The room is full of character, with eclectic pictures & paraphernalia that make it feel full, thought-out and homely, not just a slapdash set of disposables from IKEA (or US equivalent). It's not especially light, being at the top of one of the buildings & not blessed with large windows; this is a function of that room alone.

The Inn is set up to leave guests pretty much to their own devices: breakfast is stocked & replenished in the day & it's help yourself come the morning. Same goes for the coffee machines dotted about the place. It's perfectly possible to go through a day without seeing any of the Inn's small staff team; this was perfect for me. I really appreciated the space this afforded. But equally I was able to enjoy friendly chats with Jill & Andre, was given great advice on places to go, eat etc, & made extremely welcome. They were quick to help with all my queries/concerns, even the more inane ones about insect bites.

The location is great for the University, and to my mind for downtown too. It's at the quiet end of the main stretch across the south side of UoT, a 10 minute walk from the campus, and from Guadalupe St., which has a bunch of places to eat/get coffee, and from where I caught buses to town (another 5-7mins & cheap).

For me, the price for 3 weeks was very good. I can only compare to my experience in UK/European hotels, but I paid only a very little more per night than I had for a miniscule room in an out-of-the-way B&B in Cambridge a week before. And over 3 weeks it wasn't all that much more than I would have paid for a Days under the freeway.

If I'm back in Austin, I'll be back there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Austin's Inn at Pearl Street? Share your experiences!