“I felt special at the Inn !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Austin's Inn at Pearl Street

Save Saved
You added Austin's Inn at Pearl Street to your Saves list
Austin's Inn at Pearl Street
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   809 West Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin, TX 78701 (West Campus)   |
Ranked #10 of 39 Austin B&B and Inns
Mackinaw City
“I felt special at the Inn !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

What a memorable weekend at the Inn At Pearl Street !! Our room was beautiful (the French Room) and I actually felt like I was in Paris while I soaked in the antique clawed tub and sipped my champagne!! How special is that!!! Sitting on the lovely deck with the ancient Pecan trees all around us and having our morning coffee was also special !!
The owner and her staff were so helpful in suggestions to inhance our visit..Again so special...We will return to this special and charming place!!

Room Tip: Loved the French Room but all the rooms I peeked in had their special charm..Some had private decks...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I can not express how much I love this little in. They were so accommodating with arriving walker than expected. The owner and her helper Jessica were so wonderful! They care about the guests that are staying with them. We stayed in the Oxford room which was so comfortable and nice, we felt right at home. The bed was super comfortable and we were so happy to sleep there on the noghts we stayed. We also had our own private deck and bathroom with was wonderful in itself. I know when we go back to Austin we will be staying here again. It is very covenetly located near downtown and Judges Hill.

I can not stop recommending it to everyone who asks about out trip.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Thanks for a lovely , warm and hospitable place to stay in Austin. Very conveniently located and easy to find. The decor is exquisite and well planned. The lobby and common areas have a warm feeling with decorations well selected. The art thorughout the spacious lobby and large rooms is romantic and make you feel at home. the owner personally greeted me and handed me a glass of wine upon my arrival before guiding me throught the lobby and different amenities. Parking is sufficient and service is superior. I highly recomend this place to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jill B, Guest Relations Manager at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
So good to hear from you and to know that your stay was comfortable and relaxing! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review. We appreciate you as our guest and hope to see you at our doors in the near future again. Best wishes your Austin's Inn at Pearl Street Staff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

LOVE Austin's inn at Pearl street. The found my (missing) electric adapter and gave me a glass of wine to cool down my nerves :) I stayed in the library-room - Very cool decor & very friendly staff. The B&B is located about 30 min (walk) from downtown.

• Stayed March 2013
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a lovely place, but we were not as comfortable as we expected due to several factors. No Internet access for iPad after first evening, very inconvenient to have to go elsewhere to get on line. Breakfast room was unpleasantly cold first morning. Breakfast itself no better than a budget motel cold breakfast, and last morning it apparently hadn't been replenished, as there was no juice, and what little milk there was left had gone sour. No one around to deal with this, and no way to get in touch with management. They give you a telephone number to call, but there is no phone there, so you need to have a cell phone if you need anything. We didn't have a phone, and neither did the other international couple staying when we were there, so no milk or juice with breakfast. Also, if you like your room fully darkened when sleeping, don't choose the Far East room. Has transoms over windows and interior door with no curtains. Don't know if other rooms are like this, but check if this is important to you.

Room Tip: if you like your room fully darkened when sleeping, don't choose the Far East room. Has transom...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jill B, Owner at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We are sorry you were disappointed in your stay. It seems the issues you had would have been easily remedied with proper communication.

Even though most of our guests including our international ones, carry cell phones, a landline phone is available for guest use in both houses. We would have been happy to show you where the phone was since you did not see it, if you had let us know and we are sorry that this did not happen. We are a small self service boutique hotel and do not sit at our front desk 24/7, however, a staff member is on the property at all times, however it is not always possible to be at the same place as our guests all the time. Notes placed on our front desk are always a good form of communication, since we check regularly our desk, voice messages and emails.

We have blinds on most of our windows but in 100 year old houses windows are more divided and sometimes difficult or unattractive to cover, but we will try to get windows covered where possible. The Wi-Fi was an issue with AT & T equipment upgrades and that was resolved immediately. The temperatures in Austin as most "Austinites" are privy to experience, have extreme changes during certain times of the year and it is sometimes difficult to keep up with at times. A beautiful 70 degree day can turn into a cold 40 degree morning and that is why we have several AC/Heating systems throughout the Inn for our guests comfort. Apparently you were in the breakfast room early one morning and the system had not yet kicked in. We are sorry that it was not warm enough for you and that one morning the complimentary breakfast was not up to your expected standards. We will try to check with guests breakfast hours and food interests more often.

Life cannot be always perfect, but we will continue to try to do our best to make it such. We hope you will give us a second chance and come back to stay with us again sometime soon.
Palmer, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

What a surprise and what a find. First, this B&B is conveniently located near UT right off a major street. I was concerned about the street noise, but once inside hardly noticed it; even during rush hour. The house is a remodeled older home. The workmanship and attention to detail is impressive-checkout the album showing the demo/remodel process. I live in a 100year old home and wish it looked this good! The room we stayed in was large and overlooked the courtyard. It had a separate sitting/tv room and a large bathroom. The young lady who handled our check-in was courteous, professional and very helpful. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Parking is off-street and more than adequate for all guests. While I would have enjoyed a hot breakfast, the breakfast was adequate. It is a continental breakfast. Dining room is large with enough tables for the guests.
I will definitely recommend this B&B to my friends and will stay there again on my next trip to Austin. Of all the B&B's my wife and I have stayed in here and abroad, this is definitely one of the best we have had the pleasure of booking into.

Room Tip: We looked into all rooms before we left-not a bad one in the house. Just depends on your needs and p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Mere words cannot begin to describe the wonderful weekend my girlfriend and I just had at this very nice Inn. Everyone was gracious and attentive to our every need, starting with the owner Jill who greeted us upon our arrival. The inn itself is beautifully decorated, the room we had (Safari) was stunning, and the grounds were beautiful at night, resplendant with tasteful landscape lighting. Look no further than the Inn at Pearl if you're seeking the perfect place for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Visit the Inn's website to view the rooms - different themes in each room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Austin's Inn at Pearl Street? Share your experiences!