“Great customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ella

You added Hotel Ella to your Saves list
Hotel Ella
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Rio Grande, Austin, TX 78705 (Formerly Mansion at Judges' Hill) (West Campus)   |
Ranked #11 of 191 Hotels in Austin
“Great customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My boyfriend and I loved our experience at Hotel Ella! They had great customer service, The hotel provide bikes free of charge and we took advantage of that opportunity. Unfortunately we were riding through the University of Texas when it started pouring. Hotel Ella sent one of their valet service employees to pick us up! It was great and we would definitely go back.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights at the Hotel Ella last week. Our room was lovely and Very quiet. Had breakfast in their dining room both mornings and it, too, was very good. Pancakes with ricotta were awesome. This is basically a centrally located, upscale, no hassle place. We will stay there again.

Basalt, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were looking for a getaway that would be both rejuvenating and fun, away from our kids, and we had the best of both worlds staying at Hotel Ella. We decided to get around on bikes which were complimentary with our stay and it was a great way to get around Austin. The hotel is in a great location, close to the lake for morning or late afternoon runs, shopping and great restaurants and the drinks on the veranda are not to be missed, really delicious concoctions in a beautiful setting as the sun goes down. The pool was lovely and quiet - perfect for getting some work done in the shade or a mid day reprieve from activities. The bed was amazingly luxurious. My only complaint is that it was too short and we would stay longer next time.

Room Tip: We loved having a room overlooking the pool. I would try to get a ground level patio room next time...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great hotel experience. Staff was excellent. Car service took me everywhere I needed to be downtown. Restaurant food was very good.Rooms were clean and comfortable.
Great location close to College campus so excellent choice for college parents.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Patchogue, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What a lovely place ..the staff especially BRANDON & KIMMIE went above and beyond....extremely clean..the rooms in the main house are beautiful...the pool was great...they are happy to take u around within a 3 mile radius in a lovely air conditioned car...not a bad thing to say..two thumbs up!!! THANX FOR A GREAT AUSTIN EXPERIENCE!!!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was blown away by the Hotel Ella--a luxurious place to stay in an inauspicious part of Austin, Texas. My suite-like room was huge and I swear it felt almost as big as my condo back in Chicago. The bathroom was an oasis of soft towels and white tile and it was so quiet I thought I might have been the only person staying there. You leave your car with the cheerful valets when you arrive and then check in at the cozy reception area. There is a great bar and dining room on site as well as a really good fitness center. I wasn't prepared for the casual chic/upscale luxury combination and, like other reviewers, I was disappointed that I could only stay one night. I chose to eat dinner in the atmospheric bar that felt like it belonged in an English manor house--great grilled octopus and a nicely curated wine-by-the-glass list. Breakfast in the small-ish, light-filled dining room was superb--an egg-white frittata and fabulous coffee.This was one of the absolutely, hands down best hotel stays I've had in many years. The service was first-rate--welcoming and helpful, and at a level you expect to find at a five-star luxury hotel. The Hotel Ella does Austin proud. I only wish I could pick it up and stay there when I visit NYC, San Francisco, Miami....

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here for one night and tried to book online but couldn't so ended up phoning. The person who answered was very helpful and for my trouble gave me the same room at a reduced rate.
The room itself was very stylish and a reasonable size, with very comfortable beds, although the only view was of a brick wall and a fence but not a problem as we didn't intend to spend too much time in the room anyway.
The veranda around the main hotel building was a great place to sit and have a drink. We did not eat in the restaurant but had a snack on the veranda. It appeared that the bar was used by non residents only helping towards the atmosphere.
Beautiful pool area but we didn't use it.
Staff were very good and the valet very friendly and helpful.
The only negative was the weather. We are used to rain in the UK but not on this scale!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ella? Share your experiences!