Tread with caution! Friendly staff except for a some grumpy bartenders. The room was pretty small and the shower toilet area was tiny--for a larger person it could be considered unreasonably small. No tub, just a shower. The lighting over the sink was less than great and the adjustable mirror on the wall didn't magnify--at my age, I need magnification and light! Counter space on the sink was quite adequate. I wish they would have given more body soap than the tiny bottle allotted for the two of us in the shower.
The bed was comfy for me, but my husband complained his back hurt in the mornings. Plenty of pillows and a nap blanket provided during the day and early evening--before turndown service. We got chocolates on the nightstand only the first night--odd that it wasn't an every night thing.
The internet was a bit shaky and I have no clue as to why. Even with the password for the WiFi I couldn't get the internet the first evening, but it was there in the morning.
A big negative was that we had to go outside to retrieve our car or go to the bar, to the restaurant and to the front desk. We had good weather till the last day and it must be really annoying if it's raining. Not a long walk, but enough to get drenched and mess up a finely coiffed hairdo.
Quinn who worked the front desk was outstandingly helpful and pleasant as were the valet guys. They were the shining star in our whole experience.
As friendly as they were, I don't think I would go back again. The price was high and not worth it. A bigger room for less could have been found elsewhere with a nice restaurant and everything inside.
I will say the place was immaculately clean EVERYWHERE! The pool area looked nice but not something we used. Location was good for the university, Capitol, (and walking downtown--if you don't mind a good walk; Congress Street was a bit of a hike cut doable). We didn't try the restaurant but I checked pricing before we arrived and it was in the upper price range for an elegant dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of the University of Texas, Hotel Ella is a stylish boutique hotel housed in the historic Goodall Wooten House, one of Austin's original landmark estates. Constructed in 1900, the Greek revival-style mansion underwent an extensive renovation in 2013, and now offers a picture-perfect setting for vacations, staycations, weddings, meetings and more. With 47 guest rooms, a cabana-lined pool, and a wrap-around veranda overlooking our front lawn, Hotel Ella features beautifully designed outdoor and indoor spaces-including a recently renovated ballroom-that will add timelessness and simple elegance to any event. In true Texan style, guests will be treated to a superior level of personalized service and exceptional dining during their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Ella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansion At Judges` Hill Hotel Austin
- Mansion At Judges Hill Austin