Please don't let this review put you off staying at Hotel Ella.
The staff who deal with the cars and luggage were great, you only can do concierge parking here. We checked in at reception and were taken to our room which was very small, the sink was in the room as not enough room in the bathroom to put it, a free standing clothes rail to hang your clothes on. There was a stocked mini fridge but no coffee/tea facilities, there is a coffee station in the morning at the bottom of the stairs which was very nice. I had asked for a quite room, we got a room and the view was a wall and if you peered to the right you could see bins. The fittings could be a better quality, this also extends to the bedroom, the bed was small but linens and pillows were excellent quality. They need to do some work on the small but important details - there was plaster spot on the wall that must have covered a hole over the sink unit which they hadn't bothered painting, there was a plank of wood behind the bed which extended from behind the bedhead and was nailed into the wall, strange and very unattractive. Unfortunately the servicing of the room was a joke - the day after we arrived we left the room at 10am and put the very nice leather "Please Service My Room" on the door, we came back at 5pm (7 hours later) and the room had not been serviced, I went to reception and explained that the room hadn't been serviced asked for additional bath towels as we had to get ready for our supper reservations, they arrived 10 minutes later. When we were ready we rang reception to say we were going out and please could the room be done. When we got back they seem to think that only one person was staying in the room as they had only done the Turn Down Service for one (same as the night before but at least on the night before they had left 2 chocolates) one bottle of water and one chocolate, disappointing. We didn't get a paper in the morning, we were given no information on the pool or the coffee station. The building is beautiful, the products in the bathroom are lovely. At £150.00 a night, I, unfortunately, would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of the University of Texas, Hotel Ella is a stylish boutique hotel housed in the historic Goodall Wooten House, one of Austin's original landmark estates. Constructed in 1900, the Greek revival-style mansion underwent an extensive renovation in 2013, and now offers a picture-perfect setting for vacations, staycations, weddings, meetings and more. With 47 guest rooms, a cabana-lined pool, and a wrap-around veranda overlooking our front lawn, Hotel Ella features beautifully designed outdoor and indoor spaces-including a recently renovated ballroom-that will add timelessness and simple elegance to any event. In true Texan style, guests will be treated to a superior level of personalized service and exceptional dining during their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Ella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansion At Judges` Hill Hotel Austin
- Mansion At Judges Hill Austin