I had to travel to Austin for business and spent 3 nights at this hotel. I was really impressed with the style of the room and the amenities. The staff were so friendly and the courtyard with the pool is very inviting. The restaurant served a great breakfast and the mansion itself has been redone with great taste. I had a room overlooking the pool, which I thought was great, until a group of guests decided to party out there for the last two nights I was there! My colleagues had rooms overlooking the UT housing in the back and they slept soundly in the peace and quiet. I hadn't planned on that, and was disappointed that the staff didn't actually monitor the noise level. I didn't actually call the front desk myself which I probably should have but beware that pool rooms can be noisy.
The location is good, although there was construction on both sides of new housing for the university it felt like an oasis. The street in front is a main drag with lots of traffic but the hotel itself with its large inviting front porch and comfy chairs seemed miles away. it was an easy walk to the Capitol and Congress Street and overall I thought the hotel gave you good value for the price. I'm not really sure about the tacky Chanel handbag sculpture in the front however... I think they ought to ditch that. Overall it is a nice boutique hotel and gave friendly, personal feel in the big, built up city of Austin. They are also really nice about driving you downtown in the Escalade!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of the University of Texas, Hotel Ella is a stylish boutique hotel housed in the historic Goodall Wooten House, one of Austin's original landmark estates. Constructed in 1900, the Greek revival-style mansion underwent an extensive renovation in 2013, and now offers a picture-perfect setting for vacations, staycations, weddings, meetings and more. With 47 guest rooms, a cabana-lined pool, and a wrap-around veranda overlooking our front lawn, Hotel Ella features beautifully designed outdoor and indoor spaces-including a recently renovated ballroom-that will add timelessness and simple elegance to any event. In true Texan style, guests will be treated to a superior level of personalized service and exceptional dining during their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Ella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansion At Judges` Hill Hotel Austin
- Mansion At Judges Hill Austin