“Great Italian Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andiamo Ristorante

Andiamo Ristorante
2521 Rutland Dr Ste 325, Austin, TX 78758 (Northwest Austin)
(512) 719-3377
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Andiamo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 2,938 Restaurants in Austin
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Cross street: Burnet
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch in the middle of the week. We were the exception among a almost full house of a business lunch crowd. The food and service made the setting seem a little more warm and impressive that the building and room might present. We are eager to go back for dinner.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Anaheim, California
“first experience like this”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

although the food was good, the waiter would not serve me fresh Parmesan cheese on my seafood linguine. Said they were authentic and so put cheese on the others but would not let me even serve myself out of the bowl of fresh cheese. In the end he did bring me a plastic cup so I could serve myself.
Growing up near Little Italy in Boston and traveling all through Italy, I had never been told you don't put cheese on seafood even if served with pasta.

Visited May 2013
Cedar Park, Texas
“Excellent Food, pleasant atmosphere, quirky location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I wouldn't expect great Italian food in an older shopping centers sharing space with a "Sell us your gold" storefront. This is one of the cool things about Austin. There are great restaurants in the oddest places. So we went to Andiamo on the recommendation of a design shop we were visiting. The food was out of this world. My wife had the Pollo Funghi, and I chose the Trittico di Pesce. This was shrimp, scallops and calamari in a wonderful lemon butter sauce with capers. The seafood was so tender. Because it all sounded so good, we also got sides of risotto and of spinach/ cheese ravioli to taste and bring home. Everything was delicious. For dessert we shared Panna Cotta, a tasty chocolate custard.
Server was informative and attentive without hovering.
To sum it up we spent over twice as much dining at Mario Battale's restaurant in Vegas, this was a far better meal.

Visited May 2013
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a nice time at Andiamo with my husband and some friends. Was hoping for really good Italian food (haven't had any since we moved) but it was not fantastic. The staff was great but I found the meal to be pretty mediocre

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very good food and service...perhaps a bit pricey, in a very competitive Austin market. I really don't know what else to say to meet the minimum characters. We had a very knowledgeable server from Columbia who knew the menu and winelist perfectly and could describe all the dished. The food was very good.

• Visited February 2013