“Meatlovers Only” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fogo de Chao

Fogo de Chao
309 E. 3rd St., Ste. 100, Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
512-472-0220
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fogo de Chao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 3,153 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Trinity Street
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Middletown
“Meatlovers Only”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

So, if you don't like meat this is not for you but, if you do well bring your appetite. I took my sister to celebrate her birthday and have been following the tradition with my children ever since.

Pisa, Toscana, Italy
“Wonderful service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Fogo de Chao had fantastic service and dinner. My husband and I had a great time on a very busy Saturday. The salad bar was fresh with a lot of options and the meat was excellent. We would definitely visit again.

Crossett
“A carb dieter's delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Fogo is the ultimate experience. From the salad bar to the sides to the meats appearing magically at your plate....all offerings are uniique and yummy. You need to be hungry when you go so that you can enjoy all choices. There is beef and pork and lamb and chicken....something for everyone. The salad bar is not the usual so be prepared to try some new items. The staff is over the top and amidst what seems major confusion is great organization in serving large groups of folks.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Eating light didnt help”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Went here to treat my brother who was visitng from Philly. I barely ate that day so I could stuff myself for dinner but it didnt work. The biscuits/rolls were so yummy! We were almost full from the salad bar. The meats were very good. I cant remember them all. The service was good also.

Midfield, Texas
“Never Dissapointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been to this particular resturant on several occasion. Their service is always top notch. The food is amazing. You definately don't leave the table hungy.

Visited February 2013

Been to Fogo de Chao? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Fogo de Chao, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.