This hotel is located near the juncture of I-35, the main N/S highway, and Highway 183, which cuts northwest from the airport across the north side of Austin. Gressner Drive, where the hotel is loated, has the advantage of a stub road under 183, so you can go east by negotiating two stop signs, without the usual long run down the service road to turn around.
The hotel is solidly built of concreete, and thus fairly quiet. As the name implies,it is built with rooms arranged around an open roofed courtyard. This has one small disadvantage as at times one can detect a slight smell of cigarette smoke from the fourth, smoking floor, but it is slight. As has been noted, the hotel hosts a lot of state troopers, and their vehicles' presence in the parking lot can't hurt your car's security any.
The lobby is large and nicely tiled. Bedrooms are adequate, the carpet and curtains perhaps a little dated. A list of coming upgrades is posted in the lobby, presumably for "regulars". Be warned that the towels are a blend - don't ruin your glasses on them.
Breakfast includes hot eggs (off the grill if you want a certain style), sausage, bacon, and that southern staple, biscuits and white gravy - along with coffee, juice, toast and cold stuff. There is a small indoor pool, but inside an atrium that's pretty much for exhibitionists. The hotel has two elevators, so no need to haul luggage up stairs. In-room wireless works well, with a steady five-bar signal. The front desk staff accepted two Fedex parcels for me (one of which beat me to the hotel) without problems.
I would call this hotel a good value, not fancy but more than adequate - which is generally the Best Western style, in my observation. When the high speed roads are running clear you can get around the city quite quickly from this location.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Atrium North Hotel
- Best Western Atrium North Hotel Austin
- Best Western Hotel Austin
- Best Western Austin
- Austin Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Atrium North is located in the heart of North Austin with easy access to all the major highways and provides ideal accommodations for all type of travelers.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the BEST WESTERN Atrium North has it all! Within reach of the famous Austin Convention Center, the Texas State Capitol, and the Bob Bullock Museum. J.J. Pickle Research Campus and LBJ Library, this location is also a home to many large corporations including IBM, Siemens, AT&T, Citizens Insurance and not to forget our pride – Texas Longhorns at University of Texas Austin.The hotel is located within six miles away from the 6th Street entertainment district and the Arboretum & Domain Shopping Centers, where you can enjoy many fabulous restaurants, shopping, and other sights and sounds of Austin, Texas. BEST WESTERN Atrium North offers exceptional amenities, superior customer service and a convenient location at an attractive rate. Enjoy our spacious rooms with complimentary high-speed wireless internet access, cable satellite television, and refrigerator, microwave and coffee service. Our guests are greeted with a complimentary full hot breakfast, and can indulge in our indoor heated-swimming pool with a dry sauna, and a 24-hour gym facility. Our business center area is available to our guests for quick and convenient internet browsing and printing.BEST WESTERN Atrium North is an atrium-style hotel with direct interior access to the rooms. Our sleeping rooms are offered with a variety of options such as smoking and non-smoking preferences, handicap accessible, and standard rooms or upgraded whirlpool rooms. We are a pet friendly hotel where we welcome your pet, up to 20 pounds. Service animals are always welcome with no weight limit.With our around-the-clock professional and attentive guest service team, your stay with us will be comfortable and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you to our BEST WESTERN Atrium North in Austin, TX. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Best Western, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Atrium North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.