“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atrium North Hotel

Save Saved
You added Atrium North Hotel to your Saves list
Atrium North Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7928 Gessner Drive, Austin, TX 78753-6506 (Formerly Best Western) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #104 of 185 Hotels in Austin
Houston, United States
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful in giving directions & printing maps to restaurants, Walmart, etc. The breakfast was fantastic....a chef cooked it right there...and free. I liked the heated swimming pool, and sitting area in the large atrium. There are 2 atriums, and since I was there in Oct, and didn't expect noisy kids, I requested to be by the pool. It was very quiet. The room with 1 king size bed was very large...has fridge & microwave. Bed was very comfortable. I certainly will stay there on my next trip to Austin.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anas J, Director of Sales at Atrium North Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thanks Charles for your feedback and your review. We look forward to wlecoming you back to your home away from home the Best Western Atrium North

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was traveling on business and stayed here over night room lighting was a little dark but was very clean.The bed was somewhat uncomfortable but overall stay was ok.. The complimentary breakfast was over the excellent complete with a on staff chef with a comical personality

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your review and your important feedback as we always take every comments as serious matter and do our best to satisfy all of our guests

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Best Western Atrium North hotel in your next trip back to Austin

Best Regards,
dever, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was a very basic hotel experience for a slightly higher than basic price (due to the football game that weekend I assume). The decor was outdated and there is a hint of cigarette smell everywhere. Not enough that I could smell, but my girlfriend could, which is probably worse for me. The breakfast was better than I would expect from the appearance of the hotel. The showers were small even though the bathroom was large. This place is certainly clean enough and safe enough to stay, but if you are looking for something nice, this isn't it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anas J, Director of Sales at Atrium North Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and we appreciate your honest opinion. We are going through continuous updating to meet our guests expectations and provide a nice homey stay away from their home. We look forward to seeing you more in Best Western Atrium North
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is outdated, dirty, just down right scary.. Not trying to be mean but really...cement walls, outdated bedding, furniture etc. Someone should put a little cash into this place. Beds are tiny..pillows are mini (not a standard in fact looks like a quarter pillow). Second bad expensive with a Best Western and I cannot tell you there will not be a third. Staff was nice. I feel sorry for them to work in such a outdated scary place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. plain and simple. The owner must be cheap to continuie on without spending some...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Anas J, Director of Sales at Atrium North Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry that you feel this way about our hotel. Yes the hotel is old, yet we are in continuous updating and renovating to keep up with our brand standard. Our housekeeping staff has been awarded many times for the job they do and the cleanliness of the hotel rooms; furthermore, all our Beds and Pillows sizes are up to standards. Once again we do apologies for any inconvenience and for not meeting your expectations..
houston, tx, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I found this hotel about a year ago and ever since then I couldn't imagine staying at another hotel. The price is very good, the rooms are clean, very friendly staff, and not to far away from downtown, the capitol, and 6th street. But best part about the hotel is definitely the breakfast! This is the best breakfast I've ever had while staying at a hotel, it's even better than the fine dining food at the more expensive hotels. And it's just one guy cooking everything. He cooks the eggs with real eggs! No powder. He cooks the bacon, the biscuits and gravy. He even sets up the entire dining area by himself. And he is so prideful of what he does and lets you know it too. No matter how busy he is he still finds a way to make conversation with you. Definitely stay here. This is my hotel from here out whenever I'm in Austin.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anas J, Director of Sales at Atrium North Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and we are glad you have been enjoying your stays at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in your next visit to Austin
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice hotel, the exterior is outdated but the interior is nice and the staff is friendly and helpful. the rooms are average size, but clean and comfortable. I would recommend Best Western to Friends and Family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anas J, Director of Sales at Atrium North Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and we are glad you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in your next visit to Austin
La Marque, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The desk clerk that was on duty could use some additional hospitality training. He was rude and less than helpful when we checked in and found that our guest room door would not lock properly. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last decade and until my last stay, I considered it a home away from home. I am now thinking of looking for another hotel when I stay in Austin. My wife almost fell down because the mat was coming up in the tub. We mentioned this to the clerk during checkout and he was less than concerned. He only offered a half-hearted apology.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback and we apologies for the inconvenience you have had in your last stay. We sure want to be always your home away from home, I do appreciate you contact me directly to make your booking for your next stay and look forward to meeting you at Best Western Atrium North

Been to Atrium North Hotel? Share your experiences!