“Don't do it.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Austin North

You added Clarion Inn Austin North to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Austin North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7928 Gessner Drive, Austin, TX 78753 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #114 of 190 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Don't do it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am not sure about where to start. How about the lack of air conditioning in the atrium. Maybe the quarter inch separation between the window and the frame for the bugs. Or maybe the lack of sufficient water pressure to take a shower, Maybe it should be the breakfast where there was only one guy trying to cook, clean, and refill the service items. As hard as he tried (and he was amazing), it did not work and I felt so sorry for the guests and the guy who was given an impossible job.I left out a lot of problems we experienced. This place just doesn't work. It needs massive renovations and updates. It is not a 3 star hotel though it attempts but fails to offer these services. It missed the mark so completely that I left there feeling sorry for everyone associated with the hotel. I think that this could be a great subject for a reality show.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I do not expect to be treated at a Best Western like I would if I stayed at the Ritz, but I do expect a place to live up to what they advertise. The person checking us in was completely flustered by the fact we had vouchers for free nights. He could not "remember the password" in order to log in to credit them to our room. Fortunately we had printed them and he took them and said he would consult his manager. When I got to the room the TV did not work. I called the next morning and the first time I called the front desk I was hung up on. I ended up going to the front desk to voice my complaint. On Sunday, the breakfast hours are posted as 7-10. I got there at 7:15 and nothing was ready, not even coffee. The people were still cleaning the grill, and seemed rather huffy that I would not wait for them to get set up. Most of staff was rude. I almost got knocked over a couple of times in the elevator by housecleaning people not looking. The front desk staff was incompetent and not pleasant. I will never stay at this hotel again and I would advise anyone that reads this review to not stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Anas J, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Austin North, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hospitality measure, one thing goes wrong the whole stay goes wrong! First we would like to thank you to take a time to write us your feedback that we highly value. We sure can see the level of frustration you have put in during your stay in our hotel; although we always keep up with several training to have all the staff competent with their duties of customer service, solving out any defect efficiently. We do appreciate to give us another chance and consider us for your next visit to Austin in order to allow us to make it up for you and assure a comfortable stay. Please contact me directly in order to do the needful arrangements
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had to attend a training program for work, as a health and safety professional that travels alot, I was very impressed with the hotel. It was well maintained and had a large, clean room with a king size bed. The linens were clean but worn and the bed very comfortable. Internet speed was fine during the day, but as more guests logged on, slowed down. I didn't like the long wait for traffic to allow a turn in either direction onto Anderson Lane.The microwave, minifridge and coffee pot in the room helped, fill the void. A small family hamburger stand next door and Red Lobster close by, but need to travel for any resturants. I didn't get the morning Cook's name that made Breakfast a treat, with his humor and great personality. The indoor pool with the continous water fountain flow created alot of noise. I will be returning for more training in August and will plan on staying again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review and we highly appreciate your feedback. Please note that we are working to upgrading our internet service and jump up the speed. Kindly ask our front office staff to place you away from the pool to insure a quieter stay. Wayne our cook is the person we proud of and count on to make a good morning start for our guests.
Conroe, Texas, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Have stayed here before...its close to what I am in town for...mostly clean...its always noisy, the pool inside contributes to that, I'm sure...morning breakfast is great! but the overall price is a bit high

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks Brian for your feedback that we always highly value and appreciate, also it allow us to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. Please let us place you away from the pool side in your next visit as they are quieter rooms for sure.
Austin, Texas, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I tried to book a room directly with this hotel, but because of a corporate discount, was directed to call the 1-800 number. The operator was friendly and helpful as she booked my room. We completed the booking and she asked if i'd like the confirmation number. i replied that emailing it was sufficient. Fours hours later, when i arrived at the hotel, they had no record of my reservation, nor did I receive an email confirmation. Fortunately the hotel was able to book the room, and extended the discount, although they pointed out their displeasure. It all worked out, but could have been less problematic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anas J, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Austin North, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad that you had a good stay with us. Nonetheless, we do apologies for the inconvenience has occurred during the booking as the national agreement should be booked through our Best Western International channel, and for some reason and we believe due to system defect, we have not received the booking and you never received the email confirmation. This incident has never happened before and I am sure it won’t be a case in future.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in your next visit to Austin, and please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance
new mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I like this part of town when I am in Austin, close to expressway and places to eat. The breakfast was good as they would make eggs/waffles the way you like and had a selection of bacon, sausage, etc. Hotel is a bit older and because of the atrium design was a bit noisy, the doors on the room slam loudly and i was awoken early each morning by this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for your feedback, which we always take pride of. On your next stay in Austin, please inform our staff at front desk to offer you a quiet room where is located away from the breakfast area; I am sure your next stay will be enjoyable and comfortable

We look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Atrium North
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tucked neatly under the 183 flyby. This location is quiet and feels secluded but has easy access to 183 and the city.
Once you step inside the elegant lobby there is comfortable seating for lounging and guest computers for your convenience.
Leaving the lobby area is where the real Oasis begins. The heated indoor pool and sauna and cafe, take up the enterior of the main floor. Glass elevator overlooking the atriums interior, transport you to you floor. All the rooms surround and open onto the atrium. For me It has the wonderful vibe of an Oasis. and the rooms are well maintained and nicely appointed. The staff could not be more helpful or pleasant. This is my favorite place to stay when visiting Austin whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013
Anas J, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Austin North, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the feedback, we surely appreciate your nice words and glad to know your stay with us was pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Atrium North for your leisure or business visits to Austin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
South Austin
Ramada Austin Central
Ramada Austin Central
#105 of 190 in Austin
3.5 of 5 stars 512 reviews

Been to Clarion Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!