“Austin trip” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #146 of 187 Hotels in Austin
A TripAdvisor Member
“Austin trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The room was ok seemed like I paid a lot for what I got. We did not have reservations so it was hard to find a room. Next time I go to Austin I would make advance reservations and find a better deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
MANSFIELD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

this is a old smelly hotel that seriously require updating and renovation. staff was pleasant but was unable to overcome the old unkempt nature of this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

MEMPHIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had had a rather awful experience at another hotel chain on the way to Austin and had decided we did not want to stay at that chain when we got there. Canceled our reservation and asked our trusty GPS for a hotel nearby. Called the Baymont and spoke with Lisa who found us the best rate for two nights and the room we wanted.

When we arrived, check-in was handled quickly and efficiently. Our room was clean and cool and the wireless worked perfectly. A hotel directory was in the room, along with a bigger room refrigerator than is usual and a microwave.

The next morning, we woke up after a great rest on a comfortable king bed. Went down to an excellent hot breakfast-real eggs, not under-cooked sausage, biscuits, waffles, fruit and the hottest coffee ever. The breakfast room is very cheerful with cool tiled tables. Anytime you're thirsty, there's ice water and hot coffee waiting 24 hours a day.

The swimming pool is cold, but large enough to actually swim and unkink those traveling muscles. We enjoyed sitting out there, drinking Mexican beer and actually getting a tan. In October. The only thing wrong with the fitness room is that the recumbent bike is almost inoperable, but you're in Austin-a city loaded with parks and great places to walk. And all the other exercise equipment works great.

The hotel is centrally located and pretty easy to get almost anywhere to eat or shop in a matter of minutes. We enjoyed our stay and will make Baymont and Wyndham hotels our first choice when traveling. Thanks, Lisa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Didn't get a chance to stay here. Had the room booked for three nights. I called the hotel to see about just changing the arrival date for the last date of our stay. Was told by the clerk that I would still be charged for the night because I didn't cancel my reservation before 4. I called at 420 which, yes it's not exactly 4 BUT working in the hotel industry myself, I know exceptions can be made. He repeated it again and instead told me that i would be charged for all three nights. I repeated it to make it clear that I would in fact be charged for all three nights instead of just the first night. He wanted to bring up the email stating the charge, and lied because its only for the first night.
That's horrible customer service at its finest. Instead of working with me and having my money for the last night at least, they lost future business. I plan on letting people know about this baymont and how they work. Again, I work for a major hotel as a front desk clerk. ACL weekend, I know they would have sold that room right away.
I plan on never booking at that baymont ever again, actually make that all baymonts.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South

Address: 4323 South Interstate Highway 35, Austin, TX 78744
Location: United States > Texas > Austin
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #146 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South 2.5*
We are the new Baymont Inn and Suites Austin South. We have a board room, Large 1200 Sq. Ft. Meeting room with full audio and visual equipment. Comfortable, Clean, and close to heart of Austin. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Baymont Inn And Suites Austin South
Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South Hotel Austin
Best Western Austin
Austin Best Western

If you own or manage Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.