“Amazing Experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 40 Austin B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas, United States
“Amazing Experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here at Robin's Nest a few weeks ago on a mini getaway. I was looking for something quaint and private yet warm and welcoming and that is exactly what I got. When we pulled up, we were promptly greeted by "By Golly" (yes, that's his name), the sweetest little mutt ever. Our room, The Perch, was immaculate. It was like being at Grandmas house without all the breakable stuff. Very rustic decor was intricately placed about the room to add a welcoming aura that engulfed us as soon as we entered the room. The ginormeous tub easily accommodated two people, with room on the ledge to place bottles in the bucket provided with ice from the fridge downstairs. The balcony had a mini fridge, a table with four chairs, a swing, and a hammock to boot. There was a private staircase that led to the patio, allowing direct access to and from the room without having to pass through the main house if desired, which was an added bonus to intimacy. In the hallway outside of my room I found some family classics such as Farkle, a puzzle, backgammon, and my absolute favorite, monopoly, which came in handy when entertaining a guest later on the second evening. In the morning coffee was promptly served at 8:30, with our choice to dine inside or out. We opted to eat outside as the weather was lovely, and our breakfast was served piping hot. Both meals we had consisted of some form of egg, some form of starch, some form of meat, and some form of fruit, all of which were fresh and delicious. The portion sizes were just right, by the last bite I was full but not hurting. The last day we were there, we were chatting with Ramona whom had prepared our breakfast and she offered us a tour of the grounds. We were shown the other houses and rooms and walked down by the water to stumble across Bubba, the grounds handyman. He has the most beautiful collection of bonsai trees, absolutely stunning. Some of them are over 100 years old and produce the most vibrant pink flowers. We enjoyed a nice gardening conversation as he humbly shared his collection with us. For me this was icing on the cake, nice people with good food and great service. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking to get away and be well taken care of. I am glad we went and can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This property is amazing and the each room has its own theme and warm inviting feel. Allison is the best innkeeper. She made sure our stay we wonderful. Breakfast is yummy, can't complain about a home cooked breakfast while nesting in the hills. Robin has created a little nest of paradise that I would recommende to anyone. The perfect balance of privacy and help when assistance when needed. I stayed one night on a business trip and was so impressed that I booked valentines day weekend. This place is truly awesome.

Room Tip: The perch! In the main house is like staying in a tree house with all the luxury.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hughes Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful experience here two years ago and full well planned to return. The manager took both our email addresses for us to be aware of special pricing weekends. The place is beautiful and the experience is wonderful, however, if you expect a followup via your email you could be disappointed. We have not heard a single word from them since we left. We have since moved about eight hours away and although it would be a nice get-a-way for us, the lack of customer care has put a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful holiday at Robin's nest. It was so peaceful, full of wonderful wild life, birds, squirrels and two very friendly ducks who swam with us on the lake and accompanied us up the back to the property. The lake was lovely to swim in warm water, but not too warm as it has cold water springs which fed into it, which made it refreshing. There was also a boat which we had fun using on the lake. We had a scrumptious breakfast everyday, and it was always different. Alison who works there was so friendly as were the rest of the staff including by-golly the puppy, so we felt very much at home. I would recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: all the rooms are lovely very unusual, the property is really nice and quiet, you can just hear bird...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Lovely garden, charming room (we had the boatroom) & really nice breakfast. Our own little patio and the staff are super friendly. Highly recomended!!
Now going down for a swim at the Lake, just at the other end of the garden :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful loved it great price perfect location wonderful breakfast

• Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011 via mobile

I loved every minute there! The entire staff is amazing! We rented the "snow white cottage" for the 1st Annual La Grange Fest. It was perfect because it was right down the street from The Backyard @ Beecave. Whenever arrived to the cottage my family was already there and I was greeted by Winston, the sweetest Saint Bernard. He got to hang out with us all weekend. His owner, Marcus, is just as awesome as his dog and both of them hung out with us all weekend. The only thing we are changing for next time is to rent one of the bigger houses because we had too many people for the house we stayed in. Definitely going back to Robins Nest and have already planned our trip for next year. We loved it and we definitely are missing it! Can't wait!

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!