“Great & economical place to stay while in Austin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7809 E. Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78741 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night's a Charm
Ranked #34 of 187 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
S.E. PA
“Great & economical place to stay while in Austin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Located a few minutes from the AUS Austin airport the hotel is amazingly quiet for being so close to the airport. My room faced away from the airport and the highway didn't create any noise either. This might be because there's construction and traffic moves close past the hotel. The hotel is clean. Couple of spots in the shower where there was a touch of mold/dirt but in good shape considering how busy the hotel is. Plenty of parking. Check in/out was fast. Bar in the lobby we very busy for a Marriott Courtyard. The bar looks a little out of place, but everyone there seemed to be having a good time. Located near a highway which makes getting into the city or up the west side of the city easy. Keep in mind Austin's a big city and there's lots of traffic.

Only issue was that the toilet in my room kept running all night which was the only source of noise.

I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We are conveniently located just 2 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport and 3.5 miles for the heart of Downtown Austin, TX! We are glad to hear that our sound resistant windows are working and you did not hear the airport or highway. We apologize that your toilet made some noise, however hopefully it was reported to the front desk so that our quick and helpful maintenance staff was able to assist. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin, TX!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Jennifer is the epitome of the perfect bartender. She connects with people easily and has an amazing ability to handle more than her fair share of customers with ease. She has an uncanny ability to remember people she has not seen in a long time and make them feel welcome. Her ability to mix drinks is above par and her special concoctions, for those who ask, are unparalleled. If you happen to be here on a night when she is working, you wold be wise to for go your normal beverage and ask for something unique. You will not be disappointed. Her palate is refined yet has a sense of play for those who are adventurous enough to follow. She is well versed in beer, wine, and liquor so no matter what you decide, you can't go wrong if you to follow where she leads as long as you give her a clue as to your preferences.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport and our wonderful bartender, Jen! Jen is a tremendous asset to our team and we are aware of what a great job she does with our guests! She is friendly, polite, and knows her stuff, especially when it comes to our local drinks! We will be sure to tell her of your kind words and we look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to the Austin area!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard overnight once and have used their Austin Airport parking option numerous times. The staff has been very courteous and helpful and the Airport transfer timely, with pleasant and competent drivers.
Had dinner on the night we stayed and had a good meal. Can recommend the Marriott without reservation. The hotel tends to fill up when there is a special event (racing, music, etc.) so reservations are a good idea.

Room Tip: Our room was sound proofed and we were not disturbed by airport noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We are glad to hear that you have been able to use our complimentary airport shuttle and utilize our parking lot when traveling to/from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Being the closest Marriott property to the Circuit of the Americas race track, we do fill up for most of the race weekends here in Austin. We are also conveniently located just 3.5 miles from the heart of Downtown Austin, TX, so we do host lots of guests that are in Austin to enjoy the Live Music Capital of the World!

We look forward to hosting and transporting you to ABIA during your next visit to Austin!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

It hasn't been 24 hours since I departed this great city and I miss it already! I stayed at this wonderful hotel for about 5 days during that crazy cold weather, but the staff and the property itself made a gloomy week, bright. I work for the hotel industry here in Miami, so I am realllyyy picky on places where I lay my head. Lucky for me, I got a great rate off from Priceline, but to be honest, this place is worth paying full price!

Things that made me go WOW :
- My flight landed 3 hours early and I was greeted by the hardest working woman in the business, Shaniece, and the maintenance manager, Walter. There was no room available at that time, so they recommended me to hang at Javi's next door and they will contact me when a room is available. Within the hour, they did just that! Places I have stayed prior would just tell me to come back during check in time.

- I dropped my car off at the car rental facility and I called the hotel so the the hotel shuttle can come pick me up ( it is free by the way). Shaniece informed me the shuttle is getting fixed and to just get in a cab and they will pay for it. WHO DOES THAT?! That act left me speechless.

- Heading to the airport on my departure, agent Shelby drove the shuttle that day. She is the most sweetest person I have ever met! I wish I would've met her earlier. She was a better tour guide than the ones I've dealt with the whole trip!

To sum it all up, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is centrally located, the rooms are SUPER CLEAN, and everyone seems that they really love working there. I felt a really relaxed vibe from everyone. I loved the fact that everyone goes above and beyond for there guests. The Courtyard Airport Austin is the perfect example for true customer service. Unfortunately, I didn't hit the infamous bar that previous reviewers raved about, but looking at some of the guests faces, the drinks looked mighty good! When i DO come back, this will be my official hotel in Austin. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We are always happy to hear from other hospitality professionals about how we are doing! We are glad that we were able to not only meet your expectations, but from the sounds of your review, to exceed those expectations! We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin, TX!
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Wow. I'm a platinum member and this is not in any way a vanilla courtyard. Service and standards rival any 4 star full service marriott. Started with shuttle pickup at airport after my flight was cancelled. About 10 minute drive and he arrived promptly. Greeted at desk warmly. The room is huge including a sitting area. I realize I might be upgraded room size looks to be uniform. This marriott has the on site restaurant and bar for dinner. I went to ask where it was and a young woman walked me over to the area. And there I met the fabulous Jen at the Grille. This young woman who serves as bartender and waitress added lightness and fun to the evening. She referred the "power of manipulation" when it came to the menu...and when I looked puzzled she said to ask about any combination on the menu. Truly awesome place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We love hearing from our Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards Members! We are glad to hear that even though we offer select service prices, we provide full service amentities and customer service! We will be sure to let Jen know what a wonderful job she is doing! We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin!
Lynn, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am a big fan of the Courtyard Marriott locations. They are always the first choice for my family and I. Whether a business trip or family get away we have always had a good experience. The locations are conveniently located, clean environment and friendly-helpful employees.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We appreciate your feedback as we are always striving to be the best business and leisure hotel possible. Whether traveling for business or just wanting to visit the Live Music Capital of the World to experience all that our wonderful city has to offer, we will be here for you. We are conveniently located just 3.5 miles from the heart of Downtown Austin and less than 2 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin, TX, whether for business or leisure!
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Recently used their airport shuttle service which has GREATLY improved! In the past the drivers were pretty rude and wouldn't even acknowledge you. In the last several months they have used people from their from desk to take you to the airport and it is a great change, especially in the attitude of the employees!! Shelby drove me last and she was pleasant, professional, and courteous... Great employee. Kudos to the management for recognizing you had a problem with the attitude of your drivers and coming up with a really good fix.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We appreciate your feedback about our great complimentary shuttle service! Shelby is a great Front Desk Agent / Shuttle Driver and we will be sure to tell her what a great job she is doing! Thank you for noticing the changes we are constantly making to ensure that we are providing the best customer service possible! We welcome you back to the Courtyard Austin Airport whether it is to stay with us, or to use our convenient shuttle service to and from Austin Bergstrom International Airport.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport? Share your experiences!