“Jen is awesome.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7809 E. Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78741 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Jen is awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I often prefer to eat in, save a few bucks but Jen is awesome. Awesome enough to make you want to come down and enjoy food/spirits/convos. Great service, excellent attitude. Jen remembers everyone's name and details about jobs/life/locations.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport. We thank you for telling everyone how wonderful Jen at the bar is! She does a tremendous job and is very genuine in her interactions with all of our guests! We look forward to hosting your during your next visit to Austin, TX!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I received excellent service from her. I also watched her take care of a full bar and do it with grace and a smile. She was amazing!!! Great conversation. Outgoing, friendly... Can't say enough about her. She was amazing. #bartenderoftheyear bam!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We appreciate your feedback! We know that Jen is a tremendous asset to our team and we will be sure to let her know what a great job she is doing. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin!
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I travel for work so I stay at several hotels throughout the year. From the time I checked in, it was some of the best and most friendly service I have experienced. The front desk girls were very kind and made sure that everything was just right before I went to my room. I was working out in the gym and apparently the AC was broken. The Maintenance Manager Walter, came in and apologized for the inconvenience and brought me a Gatorade. I went to breakfast every morning and Gaby took great care of me. After the first day I was there, she remembered my egg white omelet with veggies and just asked me,"same as yesterday"? I would say yes and one of the best omelets would come out 5 minutes later and she would do it with a nice smile. Overall, its a nice hotel and I would recommend it to anybody. It is very close to the Austin Airport and you can see the city of Austin from the parking lot. There is a Starbucks Coffee, Subway and a mini mart all within walking distance of the hotel. Oh, I can't forget the bartender Jen. She takes care of the drinks and dinner in the lounge in the evening. She gets very busy down there but manages to do a great job with very friendly service. Just a very nice place and great atmoshere, I will look forward to the next stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport. We thank you for noticing how great our entire staff is! From your review it sounds like you were able to speak with multiple departments of the hotel and they all lived up to the "Marriott Way". Our breakfast staff is second to none and will not only make you breakfast, but remember what you had and have it prepped for the next morning and as for Jenn, she does and a fantastic job in the bar and creates a wonderful atmosphere!

We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the "Live Music Capital of the World" Austin, TX!
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a nice hotel, only was there for a day but its in a great location. The fact that is very close to the airport makes it even better. Front Desk Staff are very efficient, the shuttle services was great and rooms were very clean. Will stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We are glad to see that our mission of being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Austin is being noticed by our guests. We are glad that you were able to use our complimentary shuttle service to and from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Also, thank you for pointing out how great our location is, as we are just 2 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport and 3.5 miles from Downtown Austin, TX!

We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin!
Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for ten nights over the course of a month, so this review represents a pretty large sample.

Location: This hotel is in a great location only a few minutes from the Austin airport and about 15 minutes from downtown Austin. It has a shuttle that runs non stop to/from the airport as well as plentiful and well lit parking for those driving. If you have the option to choose your room, get one on the side opposite the airport as you can hear the planes in the morning when they start taking off.

Lobby/Checkin: The lobby is clean and bright, the front desk staff polite, friendly, and accommodating. We all liked the "fruit water" and cookies and were very bummed those few days they were not put out or depleted by the time we got back from our meetings.

Breakfast/Bar: The buffet breakfast was decent and consistent, there was plenty of variety so everyone could find something to eat. The bar only served one brand of wine and not a very good one at that, but it was cheap so as a coworker pointed out you could drink many and not notice by the third one. I didn't test this theory. :)

Rooms: All three weeks the rooms were clean, comfortable, and up to date though no iPhone/iPad alarm clock docking station as I have seen in many other hotels lately. The only issue with the rooms was the entry door, the first week I had a door that took all my strength to open and close (warped?) and the last week the key had to be reprogrammed twice as I couldn't get in.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response about our hotel! We appreciate you staying for an extended period of time! We agree that we have a wonderful location just 2 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport and 3.5 miles from Downtown Austin, TX, also known as the Live Music Capitol Of The World! We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the cookies and our fruit infused water, however I will personally try to have more on hand each night. I'm sure that if you were at the bar, you probably met Jen, our wonderful bartender! I'm sure that she was able to take care of you and your colleagues. As for the door, we do apologize, we hope that you informed the front desk, so that we were able to get it fixed or move you to a different room, so that one could be fixed.

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel and we look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin, TX!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is a good choice for anyone who has to do quick business in Austin...very close to the airport, good shuttle, and it has basically what you need for business...good wifi. The rooms have the basics, nice to have outlets everywhere. On the cons side, the breakfast looked very unappetizing so I skipped and went to Denny's down the street. Also, the housekeeping didn't clean the room till 3pm, which is not good for a business hotel.

One the pro's side, I was surprised at how helpful and efficient the front desk staff are. Taylor, in particular was very helpful with finding restaurants, getting directions, learning about the area etc. She is excellent. I'd say the staff at the front desk outclass the hotel, if that makes sense. Overall a decent business choice for a short stay near the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We are glad to hear that you were able to make use of our complimentary shuttle service to and from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. We enjoy hearing all of the great comment about how wonderful our staff is, especially Taylor! She is a great asset to the hotel and front desk team!

We are sorry to hear that you were not interested in our breakfast options, but are glad that you were able to enjoy your breakfast at Denny's just down the street from us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the wonderful city of Austin, TX!
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Was here 3 nights on business. This is a decent place to stay; updated furnishings, good size room including the bathroom with granite countertops. The staff was efficient and polite.
A couple issues that have to do with the location. The good news; It is close to the airport, and they have a very prompt shuttle. The problem was outside noise. Every morning I heard the garbage truck at 3 am. The planes start flying at 5 am. I am not a light sleeper, but it still woke me--could really be an issue for others. Not a lot of dining options that you can walk to if you don't have a car.
Also, I wish they would put radios in the rooms that you can use for the MP3 players. I think that is really an oversight.
Breakfast is OK--hot items, fruit, pastries. The benefit is the convenience--really fast service if you are in a hurry.
A tip if you are flying--the security line on a Friday morning was really long; it took me 45 minutes to get through. I was at the airport an hour and a half before, so I was OK, but you could miss your flight if you don't allow for this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport. We are glad to hear that you liked the rooms and our staff, as we strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Austin! Thank you for sharing the information about our complimentary shuttle service to and from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. We apologize that the garbage truck woke you up and we will be in touch with our waste management / recycling vendor and ask that they come at a later hour. We invite you back to the Courtyard Austin Airport during your next visit to Austin, TX!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport? Share your experiences!