“A Wonderful Travel Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7809 East Ben White Boulevard, Austin, TX 78741 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 184 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A Wonderful Travel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

To Whom It May Concern,

I work in the entertainment business and I had a show in New Braunfels, TX on July 13. I was scheduled to stay in a New Braunfels hotel from July 13-14, 2013. At the last minute, my hotel arrangements were changed and I had to stay in Austin at the Courtyard by Mariott Austin Airport. So I was not in the best of moods when I was waiting for the hotel shuttle at the airport.

However from my first encounter with the Courtyard's shuttle driver through my entire stay at the hotel, the staff made me feel comfortable and well treated. Taylor G. was especially helpful with providing a comfortable room for my stay. Taylor also let me know about the dining options inside and outside of the hotel. And she even provided the number for a town car service which I used for a tour around the city.

I enjoy living in Scottsdale. Arizona. However, if I had to move, I would strongly consider the city of Austin, TX. The main reason for my consideration is the trip I took to Austin, and the wonderful treatment I received from Taylor G. and the entire staff at the Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport.

Taylor G. and the staff there are truly a credit to your company.

Best,
Marvin Young

Room Tip: The rooms are surprisingly quiet considering the close proximity to the airport. At numerous times...
Green Features: I was encouraged to re-use towels and indicate if and when I wanted my sheets changed. I appreciate those types of environmental consideration.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time write a review about our hotel! We are glad to hear that we were able to make you feel comfortable and well treated during your time with us! Hopefully you were able to experience some of the dining options that Taylor recommended as Austin is very well known for its great dining experiences!

Most of the staff here has moved to Austin from other cities and we all would recomend this wonderful city to just about anybody!

We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Southeast Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I got a great summer rate at this hotel via the hotel's website. My family of 4 stayed 1 night before a flight out of AUS the next morning. We stayed in a Large King Room, with king sized bed & fold-out couch. The room & bathroom were pretty very spacious, though the layout of the room was a bit awkward. The TV was directly in front of the couch, and the bed was on the side wall, adjacent to the bathroom, so the TV viewing angle from the bed was from an angle. (I think that switching the bed and couch would make more sense.)

The bed was pretty comfortable, but the couch mattress was SO thin that you could feel every bar and spring underneath. I would have preferred 2 queen sized beds, but for the rate we paid ($65+tax), it was just fine for 1 night.

And as a bonus, there is a Waffle House in the same parking lot as the hotel, so easy access to breakfast. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are glad that you and your family were able to take advantage of our great summer rates! Marriott is very well known for how comfortable our beds are, so we are glad to hear that you were able to get a good nights sleep with your king size bed. We do enjoy being able to give our guests multiple options for breakfast as we serve a hot full service breakfast every morning and we have the Waffle House right next door!

We invite you back to stay with us during your next visit to Austin!

Tip: Give the hotel a call directly if you would like to reserve a room with two queen size beds.
S��͏D"
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

From the moment we were picked up by the shuttle at the airport, it was a wonderful experience. Our shuttle driver Kathryn was friendly and personable. When we got to the hotel, Taylor greeted us and had us in our room within minutes. Anytime we needed anything, the front desk staff was more than pleasant and helped us out with anything we needed. Jen at the bar was great !! Maybe even a little too good since we didn't want to leave. The room was spectacular!! Very clean and roomy. The entire staff was the friendliest I've encountered in a long time. I wish there had been room service but they even took care of that by helping me carry food back up to the room from the restaurant. Coffee bar in the morning as well as a great breakfast buffet. I was surprised at how great it was because of the how low the price was. I would certainly stay here everytime I fly thru Austin.

Room Tip: the king suite was more than roomy for me, my husband and 10 year old
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We appreciate your feedback! As you experienced, we take the "Marriott Way" very seriously. We love to serve!

We are happy to hear that you had such good interactions with multiple associates! We will be sure to let Kathryn, Taylor, and Jen know what a fabulous job they are doing!

We all look forward to your next visit to the Courtyard Austin Airport!
North Swanzey, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am certainly not an experienced traveler by any means so, communicating where I'm located in unfamiliar territory when asked can be challenging. Recently I was staying at a Hilton (Downtown!) in Austin, Texas and had to move to The Courtyard Marriott by the airport.
I had gotten overcharged by a taxi on my first day in Austin and was wary of transportation. Plus, I was anxious in general anout getting to and from the airport for my flight home.
I called The Courtyard and the gal answering the phone-Shoshanna(?) was very pleasant and extremely helpful in easing my worries. She asked where I was staying and I of course explained The Hilton. She said Courtyard would pick me up at The Hilton and the next day would bring me to the airport to catch my flight-for FREE!! I was worry free from travel and cost as I work in Prevention fro Subastance Abuse for a nonprofit.
The next day I contacted Shoshanna to come pick me up. I waited quite qwhile and slightly concerned called. I was told they had"been looking all over for me!" I was surprised; I had been right here in front of The Hilton!! Then it clicked-which Hilton? Ohhhhh....downtown....and now it was rush hour!!! Poor Roxanna, vert new to her job, asked if I could hold on.
Next thing I know-Andrew is on his way-no worries!!! This young man zipped across town during peak rush hour in his black, JEEP Wrangler (with A/C) to pick up this "Damsel in Distress"-ME at The Hilton. Andrew was polite and friendly telling me all about the great City of Austin and how much he loves what he does-working in the hospitality business.
Ta;lk about southern hospitality-it doesn't get any better than that!! The Courtyard staff were caring and kind making sure I was picked up, fed, rested and delivered to the airport the next morning. I am grateful to the entire crew that ,ade my stay so easy!!
Thank you Courtyard Marriott-Airport-Austin, Texas!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Polly! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your time with us! We were so glad to be able to help you during your time with us! As you know, we do everything we can to accomodate all of our guests, in any way possible. We were just glad to get you picked up from downtown and get you back to the hotel so you could rest for your trip back home. We all enjoyed having you here and appreciate your offer to buy us dinner!

You were a joy to meet and we hope to be able to host you again during your next visit to Austin!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel doesn´t stand out in any way, positive or negative. The location is good if you´re flying in to/out of Austin, but otherwise it´s really nothing remarkable. If you need a night´s sleep near the airport it´s a no-brainer, if you´re in town for other things you´ll do better elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport. We believe that we have a great location due to the fact that we are conveniently located 2 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport and just 4 miles from downtown Austin. We believe that our guests can get the "Austin experience" without the downtown Austin prices.

We pride ourselves on giving every guest the best customer service possible. We hope that on you next trip to/from Austin, you will give us the opportunity accomodate you again.
Liberty, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We drove from Houston to take an early flight out of the Austin airport. The first guy who helped us check in was very nice and helpful. The room was very nice and clean. The con: a horrible nights rest. We first tried to go to sleep around 11:30 p.m. The room next to us must of had a party. We tolerated the "party" for several hours. I finally called down to the front desk around 2:00 a.m. and explained that it was so loud and that we couldn't sleep through the noise. The guy at the front desk wanted to ask 20 questions as if he did not want to deal with it. The noise never ceased. I called back down an hour later. The guy at the front desk said he went up and talked to them and acted as if he didn't believe me. I told him to get the room quiet or call the cops. He told me I could call -- nope! Sadly to report the noise stopped about the time we were needing to get up to fly out. Very disappointed that we drove to get sleep before early flight and paid for the sleep that we didn't get. While checking out I asked the guy if he was the one I talked to -- he said he was. Disappointed that he never tried to explain or apologize for the problem we encountered.
Shuttle service driver was very nice. Park and ride is a great service!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. Please know we will be doing more training with our front desk staff as to how to properly handle this type of situation should it occur in the future.

Please give me a call at 512-386-7464 and ask for Andrew so we can mutually come up with a way to rectify this situation.

I look forward to hearing from you and will await your call. We hope to be able to serve you better in the future.
Drumright, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed at this Marriott a couple of times now and will definitely again. It is very reliable, clean, comfortable and has all the necessities and then some. Kids loved the cookie break:)) Full breakfast is good but it is nice they give you an option not to include it if you are interested in keeping cost down. Couple of especially helpful staff were front desk girl named Kathryn and also Brenda who was delightfully helpful:) Thank you for the easy WIFI. Sometimes hotels make it so difficult that it isn't worth the effort. Also, thank you for the CLEAN ROOMS. Nice pool, nice workout center. One other thing! QUIET! We could not believe how quiet it was even though it is close to airport. Our grandkids were able to watch airplanes flying close by but NO NOISE! Must be really sound proof windows but I am serious, no plane noise! My husband even said he hadn't slept that good in a long time! All in all, excellent stay at a reasonable price. Will definitely refer to others and stay there myself again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property! We really appreciate all guests feedback! We are glad that you and your family were able to enjoy our complimentary cookies in the lobby for all of our guests! We also enjoy watching the planes land with no noise. We look forward to accomodating you and your family in the future!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport? Share your experiences!