“Unexpected Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7809 E. Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78741 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nebraska
“Unexpected Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've stayed at a number of hotels near the airport in Austin, Texas before... but first time at this Courtyard and wow! What a surprise! The front desk service and room was of the quality I would expect from Marriott, but what totally invigorated my hotel experience was the lounge in the lobby... and here it is:

1) A fantastic selection of local (Texas-brewed) beers
2) A full service food menu with great selection and price value
3) A hostess/bartender named Jen, that not only knows EVERYTHING there is to know about
the Texas-brewed beers and the food offerings, but was SO personable and pleasant and
created such a positive atmosphere that I ended up working out of the 'the Lounge' for about 5
hours...
4) A cook (didn't get to meet her) named 'Mareesa' that prepared the best dang wrap I've ever
had, tailored to my requests with NO cilantro and NO blue cheese... was delicious...

Put it all together, and you have a property that as a business traveller I will attest to, and return to, joyously.

Thanks, Courtyard Marriott Austin!

Room Tip: all good. was at the end of the hallway and the wifi was impeccable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We would also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, knowing that you have many other options in the Austin market. We believe a few of the reasons we are consistantly in the Top 10 of all 179 hotels in Austin on TripAdvisor is because of the reasons you listed. Our front desk service, quality of rooms, our great cook Mareesa, and our fabulous bartender Jenn are all reasons for this! Jenn enjoyed having you in the bar and we are looking forward to hosting you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had a pretty nighmareish flight experience and was not expecting to need to stay an extra 48 hours. Kathryn and her colleagues went above and beyond to take care of me. Not only did they have excellet shuttle service to/from the airport, but once I got to the hotel, they made sure I had everything I needed.

They called to check on me, they gave me nearby restaurant recommedations and they answered all my questions. After missing a standby opportunity at the airport this morning, they sent a shuttle back to the airport for me and let me back into my room with a late check out time at no extra charge. I was so grateful for the postive, kind demenor of all the employees I came in contact with me over my unexpected stay. They made a rough few days so much easier to handle. I will of course continue to support Courtyard by Marriot and I will not soon forget the way I was taken care of.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and our wonderful staff! We take pride in the "Spirit To Serve" mantra that Bill Marriott publicly promotes! We are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure our guests feel comfortable in their home away from home, The Courtyard Austin Airport! We are glad that we were able to be of assistance during your frustrating time at the airport. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin, TX!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were picked up at the airport by a woman named Kathryn. She was all smiles and a pleasure to talk to. We had some questions about the area and she was very helpful. Upon arrival we realized that she would also be checking us in to our rooms. She was very efficient and accommodating. From pick-up to check-in, Kathryn was engaging, funny and most importantly, helpful. I look forward to staying at the Courtyard for my future travels and look forward to meeting great people like Kathryn.

• Stayed July 2013
The entire team at the Courtyard Austin Airport would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are glad that Kathryn was able to assist you with our complimentary shuttle service and also at the front desk. She is an A player and we will be sure to let her know how well she is doing! We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Austin, TX!
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was in Austin for a business meeting and found this hotel to be an excellent place to stay. The hotel is in a great location and very close to the airport. The service provided by the staff was wonderful.
Taylor at the front desk was especially friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel! We agree that The Courtyard Austin Airport is an excellent place to stay due to our great location, just 2 miles from the airport and 4 miles from downtown. Taylor is doing a wonderful job and we will be sure to let her know of your feedback! We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Austin!
Mountain View
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The Austin airport Courtyard is like an orphan cousin of a great hotel family. It is inflected, it needs attention and love. The staff are kind and helpful but all appear in training. The rooms are just OK, need attention and upgrade. The shower has no water pressure. And even when it is over 100 F outside, nobody thought about leaving water bottles in the rooms. The location I'm convenient for an early flight but it deserve some attention from the excellent Marriott hotel family.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for the playful analogy regarding our hotel and for the kind recognition of our staff. We agree that Austin can be very hot during the summer months so we do offer complimentary fruit-infused water in our lobby for all guests and also sell bottled water in our 24-hr lobby Market. Just this past week we had our water pressure and hot water heater tested, so hopefully when you come back next time you can take a relaxing shower after a long flight with no issues! We do value all guest feedback and appreciate you sharing your experiences. See you next visit!
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We canceled our stay at super 8 and drove over here. The lady was very accomadating to bargain with me on the price of the stay. We viewed the pool and room before deciding to stay. No free breakfast here but we were comfortable and my daughter had the option of a pool. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great. The comforter was very nice. Great coffee and creamers downstairs in the morning. Refreshing fruit infused water and cookies in the afternoon. The bathroom was nice with granite counters. Shower had a good stream of water. Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner. The pool was indoor and small ( water was a little murky). The hot tub jets were not very strong at all. Overall we had a comfortable stay. They picked my husband up at the airport very quickly. We were an hour away and they got to him in 10 minutes. Very hospitable and professional staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property! We are glad to hear that your family was able to use our indoor pool and hot tub! Also good to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle service! I will also be sure to let my staff know they were professional and hospitable and to keep up the good job! We would like to invite you back to our property the next time you are in Austin, TX!
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The people that work at this particular Courtyard are an example for all Marriott Hotels. I especially want to acknowledge Taylor and Nick. They are incredible! When I checked in, Taylor drove the shuttle from the airport, checked me in and then answered calls at the front desk. All with a polite smile! Everyone was very accommodating. When I missed my morning shuttle to the airport the Operations Manager, Sarai, drove her personal car around and gave me a prompt ride! The hotel was clean, the pool was well maintained and the food was good. My week of long work hours was enjoyable due to their accommodations!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our staff at the Courtyard Austin Airport! We pride ourselves on customer service, because we know that whether traveling for business or leisure, travel can be very tiring. I am personally glad to hear that we were able to make your week with us more enjoyable and will let my staff know how proud I am of them. We would like to invite you back to the Courtyard Austin Airport during your next trip to the Live Music Capital of The World, Austin, TX!