“Expectations exceeded. Thank you.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7809 East Ben White Boulevard, Austin, TX 78741 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #28 of 184 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Expectations exceeded. Thank you.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this particular Courtyard, and was very happy with all aspects of my stay. I was traveling alone for business, and was able to enjoy dinner and drinks downstairs at the hotel bar/restaurant. The bartender, Jen, was fantastic. She was equally nice to all patrons at the bar, introduced herself to everyone and asked their name as well, and provided outstanding service. I also had a request for a specific order for the kitchen, to which the chef was completely happy to accomodate, and it was delicious, each time I ordered it.
I was away from home for almost three weeks, but staying at this hotel made it much more comfortable. Thanks for an excellent experience. When I come back to Austin, I will be reserving a room at this hotel again.
- Angela Rocca

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you so much! I'm happy to hear that you took advantage of our dinner menu and bar service. We agree that Jen is such an amazing asset to our staff. She is happy to hear that she made your stay comfortable. Next time you are in Austin we will be happy to assist you once again with restaurant recommendations. Austin is a fun city, and we can't wait to host you on your next trip! Just give us a ring, and we will book your next reservation for you!

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tualatin, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

So I travel to Austin occasionally and other travel frequently as a whole.... This Marriott Courtyard continues to simply stand alone. The service is impeccable and the Bartender, Jen, is phenomenal. She manages the crowd - be it party of one or lobby full, equally with keen attention to detail and a memory of who she engages with that is second to none I've encountered.
I've commented to one of their management team, Dorothy, that they should keep her at all costs!!! And they isn't said lightly.

• Stayed April 2013
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about our staff. Dorothy and Jen were so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Come back and see us any time!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Spent a week here for a motorcycle event at the Circuit of the Americas with some associates, and we all were stunned at how polite, professional, and downright cool the entire staff is. From the van service taking us to a little BBQ joint known to locals, to the amazing barkeep Jen - this hotel just kept surprising and delighting us. Add to this the top notch room cleanliness and absolutely no discomforts, and you've got a great hotel experience. I recently returned to Austin and stayed at the Omni and actually almost made a trip out to say hello. GREAT PEOPLE! You won't be disappointed here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We LOVE Jen! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Come back and see us any time!
Gibsonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I gave a lecture in this hotel but mistakely reserved a room in a different Courtyard. The folks at the front desk were awesome. They got me a room at the booked rate, canceled my incorrect reservation so I wouldn't be charged, gave me a free item from the market for the confusion..even though it was entirely my doing. I am a customer service trainer and these folks do it RIGHT! Nice room - no refrig or microwave but they will bring one upon request. Very good location for close to downtown and an the airport.

Room Tip: Get on the back side of the hotel towards the entrance. This is close to the Highway and traffic is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thanks for the feedback! Our front desk staff is amazing- we're glad you think so too.

Come back and see us the next time you're in Austin. We'd love to have you!
Forestville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always enjoyed staying here before and they continue to have friendly folks providing good service. Asked Emily about a late checkout after a lunch meeting, and after checking the day's availability, she happily OK'ed my request.

But one negative note was the hot water situation on the 5th floor. After calling the front desk (and they offered to move me but it was 11:00 PM and I was settled in), they told me to run shower ten minutes to produce hot water. Hey people, there's a drought going on and you really have to do something about this huge waste of water.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. Emily is new to our team and was very happy to be recognized. As an environmentalist myself, I wholeheartedly agree about the 5th floor water. Our maintenance team is aware of the issue and currently addressing the most effective way to resolve it.

Come and see us next time you're in town. We would love to have you back!
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I recently spent a week in Austin for work and stayed at the Courtyard. Each morning breakfast was good and the staff at breakfast was very attentive. The front desk clerks were always available and helpful too. As most of these reviews mention, Jen in the bar is absolutely the best. She has the ability to relate to all guests and her service is remarkable. She is very knowledgeable and makes it a point of remembering her guests. Always with a smile on her face & making someone feel like they are "home". If you ever need to stay in Austin, I highly recommend this hotel and definitely pop in for a drink or dinner in the bar with Jen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about us and acknowledging our hard working staff! We truly appreciate the feedback. We will share all of the kind words with our team. It's guests like you that make our jobs feel truly rewarding.

We hope you come back and see us the next time you're in Austin!
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

There was a problem with the hot water in the room to which we were originally assigned. After trying one more room the manager took it upon himself to check out available rooms, move our luggage and gave us complimentary breakfast and two treat bags for our trouble.

Also, it was a pleasure to have free wi-fi and free access to the business center from which we could print our boarding pass and directions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about us. Sometimes issues are unavoidable, but it's our philosophy to go above and beyond to ensure those issues are resolved. I'm happy to hear that your stay ended on a high note. We'd loved your handwritten letter! It's hanging up in our back office.

Come back and see us any time. We'd love to have you!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport? Share your experiences!