“Most welcoming hotel and bar I have seen in years.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7809 E. Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78741 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night's a Charm
Ranked #34 of 187 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Most welcoming hotel and bar I have seen in years.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot do to business. It is hard being away from home where everything is more familiar. However, the group that employees this hotel is one of a kind. As soon as I walked in the lobby I see a live pianist playing in the back ground. I was greatly welcomed with smiling faces that worked quickly and professionally in a Formula 1 decorated lobby. The atmosphere was just prefect after a very stressful day. Rooms where standardly clean. Very comfortable bed. No fridge, but that was quickly redeemed by the bar where I found a dinner menu and a bartender named, Jenn. Customer service is a dying breed... And this girl has what it takes. I found her being very professional, delightfully funny, and laid back. I had fun. Thanks for a great stay, Jenn... And all that work there. I will be coming back here.

• Stayed November 2012
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
It is so great to hear that you felt at home during your time with us. We truly enjoyed all of the excitement of having Formula 1 in town. Jenn is a great asset to our team and we love to hear that she is continuing to make our guests feel welcome. We hope to see you again next year when the race comes back to town in the fall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I would have to say finding the Courtyard Marriott Austin Airport had to be one of our best finds for our destination wedding! When I called to get pricing for room blocks earlier this year, I spoke with Brittani Dunlap and she completely sold my mom and me on this location. Being that we live in California, and are not familiar with hotels in Austin, it was so nice to have someone like Brittani answering all of our questions and providing us with information about the area, their location and things to do while we were in town. Brittani not only helped us get our room block for our wedding in October, but she also provided me with transportation information, rehearsal dinner options, event ideas and helped me with numerous items when I actually arrived in Austin for our wedding. The hotel is located very close to the airport, so it was very convenient for all of our out of town guests to just take the Courtyard shuttle that they provide to and from the airport. The staff was friendly, professional and practically became part of the family by the time we all left. They have a small bar area that gave us a great location to visit with all of our wedding guests each night. Jenn, the bartender, was amazing! We had so many family and friends at the bar, in addition to the other guests, and she always remain friendly, patient and quickly took care of everyone ordering drinks and food. Brittani, Jenn and the entire staff that was working during our wedding week really helped make us feel like we were at home. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a wedding who is looking for nice property, where the staff is friendly and makes you and your guests feel at home. I also think this is a great hotel for business, personal or anyone who is looking for a nice and clean hotel that is located close to the airport as well as close to downtown. Thank you Brittani and the entire Courtyard Marriott Austin Airport staff for helping make our wedding week perfect!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for allowing us to be part of your special time. I am truly appreciative of your praise towards Brittney, Jennifer and the rest of my team; without them this would just be another hotel. We look forward to hosting you again for any future stays in Austin.

All the best for the future!
Lake Jackson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights while our son was getting married. The staff at the hotel was outstanding and worked to make our stay pleasant, not only for us, but all our family and friends that stayed as well.
The accommodations were perfect and every need we had was handled in a courteous and expedient manner.
The brunch we had on Sunday for all our family and friends was a big hit and enjoyed by everyone. The food was wonderful and I think it was the perfect end to a great weekend.
The extra care given during our stay definitely makes this hotel a recommended stay to anyone visiting Austin!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We are so honored to earn your business for your son's wedding. We take pride in the service we provide our guests and it is so nice to be recognized for that. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and truly appreciate any recommendations you give to your family and friends. We look forward to hosting them in the future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here two nights. Arrived first night very late. Hotel shuttle does not run late so had to catch a taxi ($13 from airport). Check in was quickbut found there is no room service, and no mini bar either. There are some basic packaged foods in the lobby vending machine. Room itself was very decent, not luxury but comfortable and clean. Breakfast was basic but well made. However, it seems the concept of tea isn't well understood as the hot water machine spewed lukewarm water into very odd shaped heavy mugs. Pointless. Juice machine spewed out very diluted apple juice and when pointed to staff, she proceeded to replace the empty concentrate bottle with a sheepish look. Staff was very helpful at reception.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and the outstanding service of our staff. Although the shape might be a bit unusual, the added thickness of our mugs is in place to keep your beverage hotter longer. Thank you for bringing this juice machine to our attention, we will make sure it is in proper order. Should you come to Austin in the future, we would love to have a chance to improve your overall experience.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Reservations process was easy online - I had a great $101/night AAA rate which included tax/fees. The front desk staff was always helpful and knowledgable. This is one of the area's few free airport shuttles, very convenient but does, as mentioned by others, have some night hours limitations. The room was really clean with a functional layout, comfortable bed, microwave and refrigerator, desk, sofa, and convenient electrical outlets at both the desk and at bedside tables. Although I could hear some airplane noise it was a distant drone and did not bother me at all.
The breakfast was not included in the cost of the room and seemed expensive for a fairly limited food selection, particularly the "continental" offering which is often free at this level of accommodation. Breakfast area service was adequate. Getting to this lodging is still a little confusing and although I did see the lighted sign driving in from one direction I think it would be helpful to add more signage driving in from the gas station side of the hotel.
I had a great 3 night weekend stay in early November and will definitely stay there again when I travel to Austin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for this response! We are glad you enjoyed your experience. We do our best to accommodate as many guests as possible with our complimentary shuttle. In fact, our hotel is able to offer the longest hours of operation for shuttles in the area, from 4:00 AM to 11:30PM daily. So sorry to hear you had such a late flight!

We are glad that you were able to enjoy our airport location. Our engineers quadruple paned each window to ensure comfort for our guests, and a quiet night's sleep.

We are glad you enjoyed your trip to Austin and look forward to hosting you in the future.
Milwaukie, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Courtyard is my favorite Marriott brand and this property lived up to my high expectations in almost every regard. I picked the location close to the airport because our flight from the Pacific Northwest did not arrive AUS until after midnight.
Alas, found out that the hotel shuttle quits operating earlier and the car rental agencies would be closed. We had to take a taxi to the hotel; the next morning our friendly hotel shuttle driver took us directly to the car pick-up location at the airport.

We were at the hotel less than 12 hours however were impressed with the friendly front desk staff upon arrival and departure. Good service also at the breakfast buffet. Our room was an Executive King...excellent in all aspects.

I do have a complaint about Marriott's follow-up email surveys: they are way too long with too many repetitive questions. Shouldn't need to spend as much time replying to a survey as we spent in the room!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We greatly appreciate your feedback. Courtyard Austin Airport offers the longest hours of complimentary shuttle service from the airport, between 4:00 AM and 11:30 PM daily. We do our best to accommodate the needs of our guests and are so sorry to hear you had such a late flight!

It's great to hear you enjoyed the Executive King, it is one of our most popular rooms!

Austin is an exciting city, with tons to offer. We hope the next time you see us you can stay longer and take time to enjoy it. Ask any of our staff members about local recommendations. We all have our favorite spots.
Marion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Pleasant Stay,
This hotel was a very pleasant experience. It had a relaxing lounge area and a comfortable bar atmosphere. Also, Brittani the Sales Coordinator assisted me with print outs I need for a meeting, she had them completed and personally delivered to my room within 5-minutes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so glad Brittani was helpful to you. We hope that you enjoyed your trip to Austin and to see you for your next trip.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport? Share your experiences!