“Clean & Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Ohio
“Clean & Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Hotel was very clean, the bed, I did not want to get out of, very comfortable and with lots of pillows, room was very clean, staff respected your need for privacy, staff were courteous, always pleasant, smiling, and greeting you, and willing to assist you at all times. I viewed the exercise area and it was doable, the pool was just okay, although I was expecting more for the climate in the area. The Champions restaurant can really use some help with their menu offerings. The hotel is joined together with Marriott and Champions serves both which in my opinion does not serve well for either of them. It tells me that they don't want you to eat their, in the hotel, but want you to go out and eat somewhere else. The food in Champions is nothing to talk about, it's just okay bar food! The first night I went into the bar for a drink the bartender was less than friendly and helpful and I was short on patience that day from classes, so I decided on nothing and left. Interesting enough, 2 days later I was there to have dinner and the same person waited on me at the tables. He was slightly more pleasant this time and I made sure I got exactly what I wanted to drink and eat, even if he had to work a little harder for it. I was kind and I tipped him well, but I wanted him to remember too.

Room Tip: I asked for the small suite (junior) it had a full size refrigerator, toaster, coffee pot, microwave...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
christina g,
Thank you for taking time to post your review and for choosing our hotel for during your trip to Austin. Our team works hard to remain out front and available to assist any guest with any questions or suggestions they may have. I will make sure this begins to trickle into Champions. Like you we all wish we had a large outdoor pool but in the short term we have some great suggestions on where some of the best local swimming areas can be found. We look forward to hosting again in the future. Thank you

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Located just a couple blocks off of 6th street, and right in the heart of downtown action, the Residence Inn is actually a combined location with their sister property Courtyard Marriott. A Champs restaurant is connected, and provides all the food for both properties including the free breakfast buffet in our package. The free breakfast was decent, but wasn't replenished fast enough.

Rooms were nice with full fridge, small table, kitchen, and amenities. Plenty of space to actually cook if you desired. The staff was extremely friendly, and catered to our every need. The only complaint is the cost of parking. I know we are downtown, but $29.00 a night for parking without taxes is steep when the room is over $300.00 a night. Glad we stayed on points!!!! Don't expect to save anything by self parking.

Will stay there again if the budget allows.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Harleyman590,
Thank you for posting your review. We are all pleased that you had a great time in Austin and look forward to being your hotel of choice in the future. Parking in downtown Austin ranges from $1/ hour for street parking 5o $40/day valet parking. Our hotel tries to offer slightly better rates: $23/day for covered garage parking and $29/day valet parking.
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The rooms were clean and well stocked, all facilities and amenities were very good. This hotel stands out for me because the staff were, efficient, friendly and willing to give any information.
, help you might need. people seemed to like their job and take pride special thanks and kudo's to front desk staff, . In champions restaurant . Excellent attentive service by Katie, saire, michelle. Well located, can walk easily to everything

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
mbowden2013,
Thank you for taking time to post your review and for celebrating our associates attentive service. They sure take pride in making each and every guest feel welcomed. We all appreciate your business and look forward to entertaining in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Good location , in mid of downtown for easy access
Disappointed with Bar not having options for drink such as Grey goose vodka they don't served which I really got surprised. Little small rooms compare with my previous experience with Residence inn . It was business trip so was ok but found little expensive for the price they are charging
Breakfast is ok .

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manish400,
Thank you staying with us for your Austin business trip. I will be sure to work with the Restaurant team to make sure they keep their stock of Grey Goose up to par. We look forward to pouring a good vodka on your next trip to town.
Karlsruhe, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love the location of this hotel. The price is right and very inexpensive. We usually get free breakfast buffet as well. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and consistent with the Marriott brand. We ALWAYS stay here when we are visiting Austin.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
khanhkim,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review! We appreciate your business each and every time and look forward to your return. Breakfast will always be included at the Residence Inn and our associates will always be there to help make your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you for making us your preferred hotel in Austin.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I typically expect a lot from Marriott and Residence Inn did not deliver this time around. I reported that my bed was broken but nothing was done about it. It was OK for one night. I would not go back. The location is very convenient, however; so I would recommend for anyone who is not looking for exceptional service and top level amenities. The breakfast was great, however; it stated that the hotel had "complimentary" breakfast but I was charged for it. I am still disputing the bill, who knows how long it will take for Marriott to respond to my query.

Room Tip: Go to higher floors, away from the noise on the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottAustinDT, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
WorldTraveler0922,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. My sincere apology for the problems with your bed not being addressed immediately. I sure would not want to sleep in a broken bed for the night and more so I would expect some quick action to make me comfortable. We will be sure to use your experience in our training this week to ensure we focus on our sense of urgency. Please reach out to the hotel at 512-236-8008 and we can help square away the breakfast bill. Again, my apology and we will work hard to show you we are the place with the exceptional associates providing exceptional service in downtown Austin.
Clearwater, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were great. Kitchen and nice sitting area in the room. Rooms were a comfortable size. Beds were very comfortable. Clean hotel. Excellent location in an awesome city!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kyndall W
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Austin. You will always find our associates in the lobby interacting with our guests and working hard to ensure all of our guests are enjoying their visit. They can also help with any reservations and suggestions for all that Austin has to offer just outside of our front door.

Been to Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Convention Center? Share your experiences!