We were in Austin to check out some of the great local BBQ restaurants and to visit the city for the first time. I've always enjoyed my stays at other Marriott Residence Inns and Austin was no exception. As everyone has mentioned the hotel is very nicely located, there are bus stops around the area and a metro train stop right across the street.
If you're traveling with a pet, like we were, there is a nice dog park one very short block over from the hotel. Very nice and unexpected.
As many restaurants as are in the area, it's still nice to be able to just pop downstairs for a quick coffee or a drink. There is a Starbucks accessible from inside the hotel and Champions Restaurant & Sports Bar for a drink and a bite to eat. (Breakfast is served there as well)
For the most part valet was timely with our car considering the small area they have to work with and the amount of people that were there for the Labor Day weekend. A bit of jockeying around with all of the cars but we never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes. Great to not have to worry about finding parking.
Overall we had a very nice stay at this Residence Inn and would stay there again the next time we’re in Austin. Definitely recommend it if you’re traveling with a pet.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Hotel
- Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Hotel Austin
- Residence Inn Austin Downtown
- Residence Inn Austin
- Austin Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-remodeled Residence Inn Austin Downtown/Convention center is in the heart of downtown adjacent to the Convention center and within walking distance of the famed 6th Street and Warehouse Entertainment District. Guests love this ideal location with easy access to all of Austin’s favorite destinations including the State Capitol and the University of Texas. The remodeled lobby features trendy designs and comfortable seating areas in the Gatehouse that are perfect to catch up with family and friends. Guests also love the onsite dining options including Champions Sports Bar & Restaurants serving over 25 draft beers as you watch the big game on their 24 HD TVs, and also the Starbucks Café which offers delicious sandwiches, pastries, and their signature coffee. The renovated, apartment-stryle Guest rooms are 50% larger than a standard hotel guest room and offer luxury Queen beds, flat-screen TVs, separate living and dining areas, and full kitchens with refrigerators, stovetops, and microwaves. Guests enjoy free WiFi, an indoor pool, and rooftop terrace offering stunning downtown Austin views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.