“Highly recommended!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 183 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Highly recommended!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for a business convention. The room was well laid out, had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and nice cold AC. The room was clean & house keeping did a great job of keeping it that way. This location is very convenient and offers easy walking distance to some of the best bars and restaurants of Austin. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
SNJluv2travel,
Thank you very much for sharing your review and for choosing our hotel for your conference. Yesterday I had the chance to help out in housekeeping and I sure developed a new appreciation of how hard they work to make our hotel rooms perfect. Thank you again, we do hope to entertain on your next visit to Austin.

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip to which my company was taking care of the bill, but this hotel insist
On charging me. I understand the policy of having a card on file, but no need for the receptionist to shout to me about the policy as others watched very rude lady named Susanna I believe. Rooms are clean and the cleaning staff is polite. A great location, but VERY loud, took me forever to fall asleep & that's cause I was on the 9th floor. I will never stay here again due to the rudeness of there employee & Unnecessary charges being debited on a daily basis

• Stayed September 2013
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
PearsallMom,
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. I want to extend my apology for the way you were spoken to at check-in. We are know to have some of the most engaging and caring associates and we will take the proper steps over the next few days to review and ensure we are better able to handle and explain difficult situations. We will review better ways to explain the required credit card or cash deposit for incidental charges so we can avoid any potential problems in the future. Thank you for letting us know of this challenge and we will be sure to begin to improve today.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Love staying here. Clean rooms, clean modern lobby, very helpful staff. 2 blocks from 6th street and some great restaurants. Only downside is the breakfast, it is set up as a buffet and they need to advertise it is not complimentary. They need to make that clear that the breakfast set up is not included. Will stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
aggiefan92,
Thank you for staying with us again and for taking time to post your review. For your next stay there is an options to include breakfast with your room. When you make your reservation online or one the phone we do sell a room with breakfast included package. Along with the breakfast package there are often other seasonal packages that you may be interested in choosing. We like our the guest to be able to book the best package for their needs. We look forward to entertaining in the future.
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Came out to Austin for several days of fun.

The courtyard and Residence Inn share the same building. The lobby is well maintained and our room was cleaned everyday.

This place is right in the heart of the city. 2 blocks away from the dirty 6 and close enough to get to anywhere else downtown by foot or a quick cab ride.

The towels were cheap. The breakfast buffet was ok, but nothing to write home about.

Kiara and several other of the front desk ladies were really nice throughout our stay.

At night, they must have issues with younger crowds as they have a police officer and security barricade the front doors. You have to show a key to get in. There are even signs posted in the lobby about being kicked out for noise. I thought that was a bit extreme, but maybe it is a big issue.

The gym is nice enough to get a good workout in and they also have an indoor pool and jacuzzi.

Overall, a decent hotel in a great location but nothing really Wow about it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chris P,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for submitting your review. We are all pleased you enjoyed the hotel and will share your kind words about the associates that are ever present in the lobby. As you mentioned we are just a few blocks off of 6th Street and with so many bars in a few short blocks we do enforce quiet hours in the hotel. We have the quiet hours so that our guests are able to get a good nights rest and we utilize the key check so that our hotel is not the 'after party' like the rest of the hotels in Austin. Thank you again for staying with us while in Austin we do hope to entertain in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

In Austin for first time, and bad part is only one night. Great hotel, walking distance to music, & great restaurants. Hotel was extremely clean , staff was friendly and helpful. Great breakfast in the morning with hot or cold foods, plenty to choose from. Gym was well equipped, for good work out. Pool was only big enough for a few laps, and hot tub was available Overall great place, I wish my stay was longer; very relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
1Paigekan,
Thank you for staying with us and enjoying our amazing city. We look forward to having you back when you return to explore more of what Austin has to offer. We appreciate your review!
Killeen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is my first time staying at Courtyard by Marriott at 300 E. 4th Street. Courtyard Austin/Downtown Convention Center is co-located with Residence Inn. Both hotels are in the same address and share the same amenities: Starbucks, Champion's Restaurant, pool area, and parking area. However, each hotel has its own dedicated service desk, elevator, and business center.

While Residence Inn is designed for long-term stays and is pet friendly, Courtyard is designed for short-term and often overnight stays only. Although each hotel is virtually next to each other on the same address, Courtyard is usually $15-20 higher-priced than Residence Inn's daily rate.

PARKING -- for this visit, I chose to use the self-service parking. I encountered no issue with this service. The parking pass key (separate from the hotel key) worked well as I exited and re-entered the garage multiple times during my stay.

FRONT DESK/CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER - excellent job by both the check-in (night staff) and check-out (day staff) staff during my stay! As I checked in, I was greeted quickly by one of the staff but was placed on a several minute hold while she finished her phone call with another customer. When she finally able to check me in, she acknowledged that I was a Marriott Rewards member with silver status. She thanked me for choosing the hotel and asked where I was coming from and how my trip was. She was very friendly and polite to me, checked me in swiftly, and even showed and walked me to the elevator area. The hotel was not very busy during my check-in process and what this staff did added a more welcoming experience for me.
When I checked out, I used the expressed service, but two staff where standing by the front desk greeting everyone a "good morning" and waved me goodbye and also thanked me for staying at Courtyard. Great service, excellent job from both staff!

SLEEP QUALITY -- when I slept at Residence Inn, I had an issue with drunk people coming in around the hallway and interrupting my sleep at around 0200 or 0300 in the morning. At Courtyard, I requested to be at a high floor and was placed in one of the rooms in 7th floor. I did not have any interruption in my sleep and actually had a very comfortable sleep during the night that I stayed here.

HOTEL LOCATION -- excellent hotel location as it is near very nice restaurants and near the entertainment night life offered by "6th Street." The entertainment site (live music, dance, clubs, foods, etc.) is of walking distance and the hotel is easy to find back as it towers around its own location (just look up, find the sign "Courtyard/Residence Inn" and literally drunk-walk towards the sign.

BREAKFAST -- this hotel, like its sister hotel Residence Inn, offers free breakfast but I was not able to utilize this service because I had to leave early and was running a little bit late for my next agenda. When I stayed at Residence Inn, however, I experience excellent breakfast there and the good memory of that still carries on with me.

Room Tip: Choose a high-level floor for a quieter and more comfortable sleep. The higher the floor, the more...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Tony,
Thank you for taking time to post your TripAdvisor review. All of the associates here at the hotel genuinely appreciate your business. We look forward to entertaining in the future. One clarification: the Courtyard has two Packages to choose from. One is for room only and the second is a breakfast package. Thank you again!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here on our last trip to Austin and it worked out perfectly. It is in a great location and you can get anywhere in the city quickly from here. The rooms were what you would expect. Nothing over the top but still very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning and the sports bar wasn't a bad place to grab a drink if you have a few minutes to kill. The front desk staff was very friendly and attentive. It was a great stay. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Austin.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WkEndWarrior2013,
Thank you for taking time to post your review and for choosing our hotel for you trip to Austin. We do hope to become your go to hotel here in Texas.

Been to Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center? Share your experiences!