“Lively hotel ideal location” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #50 of 191 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Lively hotel ideal location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The new look lobby makes it certainly very inviting as you enter the twin complex of Marriott's Courtyard & Residence inn.

Very courteous staff made the check in easy, and the rooms were nice spacious and clean.

Best of all, its location on 4th street downtown is ideal for most needs. The 6th street live music is just a few minutes walk away, attractions like State Capitol, Ladybird Lake, MACC are walkable and its just beside the convention center.

Truly comfortable and well located space. To top it all, taking the Metro bus from airport is just a dollar, and will drop you right by the side of the hotel.

Rates were comparable to other hotels too. So, yes a definite recommendation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
dileepsri,
Thank you for staying with us and also for posting some great local insight. The Metro Bus is the easiest and most affordable way to and from the Airport. Thier schedule can be found by searching Austin Metro Airport Flyer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I travel around the country quite frequently and always stay at Courtyard Marriott hotels. This was my first time to Austin and to this particular hotel and I was highly disappointed. During the last night of my stay, I was woken by the sound of a key card in my door which permitted a man I didn't know to unlock my door. Thankfully i had my door dead-bolted so he wasn't able to get in but he did start to yell. As a woman traveling alone, this was very upsetting because I had the only key I was given at check-in so the hotel must have issued him the key that unlocked my door. I did inform the front desk of the incident the next morning. Additionally, the valet was highly disorganized and it took 30 minutes to get into the valet area. I've never had any issues at any other Marriott hotel until my stay in Austin. I would suggest another hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Megan L,
I wanted to let you know your concerns did not fall on deaf ears. We take our guests saftey and security very seriously and worked as a team to idendify our errors and then trained so that the entire check in process was completed so a room could not be reissued. With significant other that also travels fequently for business I understand the fright our errors must have caused and we will continue to review your comments with the entire team moving forward. We do hope this incident does not change your view of the amazing Courtyard Brand.
Buffalo Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I attended a Mary Kay conference in Austin on March 22 and 23rd and stayed at the Courtyard Austin Downtown/Convention Center. My selection was through our Mary Kay travel service and was in walking distance from the Convention Center where the conference was being held. From the check in, which was one of the fastest at one of our conferences I have ever had, to the completion of my stay, I was thoroughly pleased. The staff was quick, friendly, efficient and kept things running smoothly from the front desk, valet service, and everyone who assisted in my stay. The room was spacious, quiet and one of the cleanest I have stayed in. The Starbucks in the hotel was also quick, efficient and kept the line moving and out quickly. My stay was stress free and that is hard to do with hundreds of women checking in and out at the same times, parking on a busy street, and the busy area downtown. A big thank you for an enjoyable stay and I will return.

Room Tip: I stayed on a high floor and away from elevator and my room was quiet even on thise busy street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
dfoxsk,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We had a fantastic time hosting the Mary Kay conference and look forward to having you all back in the near future!
Benbrook, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here for a weekend trip in Austin in early February. The experience wasn't bad but there wasn't anything that really impressed me either. The hotel does have some advantages like its proximity to the Austin Convention Center, 6th street, and Town Lake. I think the business traveler or weekender will enjoy the location. I also found the hotel to be clean and well kept. I did find two negatives of the hotel, the first one is the parking situation. The hotel offers valet and self-park, I opted for the self-park to save some money. The layout of the hotel is a little awkward since their are two sets of elevators: one for the parking garage and the other accesses the hotel rooms. I could live with the setup but it was a little inconvenient and would be annoying for anyone who planned multiple stops back at their hotel room during their stay. My second negative item was the service...I didn't receive unfriendly service at the hotel, I just didn't really receive friendly service either. When I arrived the bell hops seemed to forget about me after I said I would self-park. I also didn't experience a friendly "hello" from the front desk staff except at check-in.

My hotel bill for one night was a little over $200 and I have had better experiences at cheaper hotels. For the amount of money I spent for one night in Austin I will look to stay somewhere else next time I am in town.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottAustinDT, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Tom C,
Thank you for sharing your review with us. I will be sharing your words about your stay with the team and working with them on ways to improve our friendly presence. We take a lot of pride in our lobby presence and ensuring we are avaialbe and greeting each guest durring the day. On you next visit I look forward to showing you our improvements.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had four rooms during SXSW. This was the perfect location, as it is only two blocks from 6th Street. This was our second year staying here during SXSW. Check-in with Ben was fast. Rossa from housekeeping left towel art on the bed in the room I stayed. Marriott also provided a chocolate guitar on one day.

My room was a king with a sofabed. There was one flat screen that pulled out and swiveled either towards the bed or towards the sofa. The bed was very comfortable. The A/C seemed to stay at one level regardless of how it was set. The vanity was inside the bathroom.

Wi-fi was free! The lobby was also perfectly set up for SXSW attendees who were busy and networking. There were four big screen computers with a printer. There were also two large islands with bar stools with outlets for laptops or for charging phones. There were two additional seating areas. Another plus was a Starbucks in the lobby and a Champions restaurant, which could be charged to your room and also provided room service.

Late check out was only available for $100 for 1 extra hour and $200 for 2 extra hours. I realize this is one of their busiest weeks of the year, but that was a bit much, especially for Marriott Rewards members, and considering the prices were already inflated for special events.

The hotel had an underground parking garage, and they were great about allowing us to park a trailer. They required that we detatch the trailer and they charged two parking spaces, but this was well worth it for the convenience and security. The only downfall was they also allowed non-hotel patrons to pay to park, which kept the parking lot full and made it difficult to find parking when using self-park. The parking garage had very low ceilings with exposed pipes and light fixtures. Because of this, they asked to assist us when leaving with the trailer. Aaron came quickly at our request and helped us push the trailer to hook it back to the vehicle and guided us through the low areas. I also noticed him picking up trash on his way back upstairs.

We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
StarfishandSeashells,
Thank you for staying with us durring SXSW 2013. We hope you had as much fun as we did hosting this annual event. We look forward to having you with us next year.
various
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Courtyard Austin is conveniently located downtown within easy walking distance of the Capital and entertainment. (There is a lot of entertainment in Austin, perhaps to keep those Texas state legislators happy.) The hotel staff is friendly and efficient, my room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was reasonably priced and quite adequate. In all, nothing truely outstanding but very good,

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view and the less street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Retired Dude,
Love the handle and thank you choosing our hotel in Austin!
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

he Courtyard Austin Downtown is literally steps away from the convention center and 2 blocks from the awesomeness that is 6th street.

My room was spacious and always clean. The staff was super friendly - the front desk staff lines up in the morning and wishes all the passers by a great day. I thought that was a fun and nice touch.

Easy-to-access business center, decent food on site if you're not up for going out and a great convenience store for snacks, drinks or any personal items you may have forgotten.

I don't know what other people look for when traveling for work, but this place hit all the right marks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Writegirl7,
Thank you! For your reviews. The team is smiling even more now! Please join us again when you are in Austin!

Been to Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center? Share your experiences!