We stayed at this location for one night while visiting Austin. We wanted to be near the nightlife and entertainment so chose this location.
The location was easy to find and the hotel is in a commercial area between 6th street entertainment and the convention center and a 5 minute walk to all the action in the warehouse district as well. You have the choice of valet or self-parking. Self-parking is in a connected garage with easy elevator access. ($21 self with in and out) There is a nicely decorated inviting lobby with front desk and nicely appointed common area. Across the elevator bank is the Residence Inn, which shares a common building. There is free Wi-Fi available in the lobby area and rooms. The hotel has a large, nicely appointed gym. There is small indoor pool, but unfortunately no outside deck space. We did not get the opportunity to check on a business center. Check in was quick and efficient, and they did an excellent job of noting our request for a quiet room (away from the 6th street noise) and put us in a room facing 4th street on a high floor.
Though we were there for the nightlife of Austin, it was nice to be away from the hectic side, and we were really appreciative of the hotels strong stance on no noise. They have prominent signs stating no parties are allowed, and that only registered guests are allowed at the hotel. When we came back to the hotel Saturday evening, they had security at the door to ensure that only guests were allowed in. This is a nice touch.
The rooms are nicely decorated, relatively large and still seem new. The beds are comfortable and they have nice HD TV's and plenty of channels. The climate control works well and the blower motor stays on for white noise while the climate control is still functioning. We had no noise from adjoining rooms nor outside city noise. Bathrooms are well equipped with plenty of storage space. There is a tub with shower We could hear doors slamming in the morning from time to time.
Though the adjoining Residence Inn includes breakfast, the Courtyard by Marriott does not. This is the norm for the brand and we did not expect any free breakfast. The area has every type of dining and entertainment option you could ask for all within easy walking distance. We did not partake of any of the hotels dining venues.....too many good choices nearby to eat in a hotel.
We would absolutely recommend this location and would stay here again if we wanted to stay in the area for a personal trip. Room rate seemed appropriate for the area, especially with our AAA discount. Having also stayed at the nearby Hilton and Intercontinental hotels in the past, I would feel comfortable choosing any of these hotels based on who has the best price at the time. All of these are very nice options and similar in their offerings and the prices seem to vary wildly from day to day. They were agreeable to late check-out when we asked which was nice. The entire hotel is non-smoking which is always a plus.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Austin Downtown/ Hotel
- Courtyard Austin Downtown/ Hotel Austin
- Courtyard Austin Downtown
- Courtyard Austin
- Austin Courtyard
- Austin Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Courtyard Austin Downtown/Convention center is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, adjacent to the Austin Convention Center. Guests will love this ideal location within walking distance of many of Austin’s favorites, such as the 6th St. music scene, the State Capitol, the University of Texas, The Austin Interactive and Music Festivals, and the trendy Warehouse District. The brand new lobby is highlighted by free WiFi, private media pod work stations, and the touch-screen GoBoard that highlights all the local events, weather, and traffic conditions. The renovated Guest Rooms offer the perfect balance of productivity with large work station with ergonomic chairs and relaxation with luxury bedding and flat-screen TVs with premium cable and free HBO. Try out our indoor pool and 24-hr fitness center to get your workout on the road. Onsite dining options include Champions Sports Bar featuring 24 HD TVs and 25 Draft Beers, and also the Starbucks Coffee Shop offering delicious pastries and their signature coffees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.