“Couples night out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Esther's Follies

Esther's Follies
525 E 6th St, Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
512-320-0198
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 152 Activities in Austin
Type: Comedy Clubs, Performances
Spring, Texas
“Couples night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I decided to take a mini road trip with my boyfriend to Austin, and I had no idea what we would get into. I looked up different activities and ran across this comedy show. I must say that we had a really good time. The location was perfect, because it was on 6th Street. We got there early for the 10pm show, general admission was $24 each, and worth the price, trust me. The magic portion of the show was my favorite. They really made you think lol. We laughed the whole time, some things were so unpredictable. Bottom line, if you want to have an Austin experience aside from just partying, come here because it will definitely be worth your time and money.

Austin, Texas, United States
“Worth every dollar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was hesitant, admittedly. I'm new to Texas and feared that a lot of the Texas-specific humor would be lost on me. But spurred by the amazing reviews, I decided to check it out. And wow, I'm so glad I did! Absolutely hilarious. I was in tears much of the show from laughing so hard.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
“Hilarious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went there for my birthday and it was excellent. I wish I had known about it a couple months earlier when I had a friend in town. It was very much like Second City (for those true Chicagoans). It was well rehearsed yet seemed fresh and exciting still. Highly recommended for tourists and locals alike. Afterwards they gave us a coupon to go next store and see those comics and that was pretty good too.

Kauai Hawaii
9 attraction reviews
“Crazy fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Love this comedy troupe! Have been about 3 times and loved it every time. They stay current...and funny! Love the passersby outside too... always good for a laugh!

Dallas
34 attraction reviews
“Very surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I think I laughed pretty hard at almost every skit, which surprised me. The entire show is based on political satire, largely Texas-centered and revolving around current events.

Bottom line, they do a great show that keep moving at a good speed and is full of surprises.

Note: If you sit in first few rows or aisles up close, you may get recruiting to be in show.

Visited June 2013

Been to Esther's Follies? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Esther's Follies, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.