“Funny, Funny, Funny, very cleaver only 24 bucks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Esther's Follies

Esther's Follies
525 E 6th St, Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
512-320-0198
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 169 Nightlife in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA
6 attraction reviews
“Funny, Funny, Funny, very cleaver only 24 bucks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Current, well acted, cleaver use of 6 street. Fun, The Magic act was excellent. This show would cost you $150 in Las Vegas and a $100 in San Francisco or New York....
Austin is the liberal city in Texas.... So if your taste are very conservative you may not enjoy.

Wellesley MA
3 attraction reviews
“It's a Laugh A Minute!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Whether you vote R or D, your candidate is sure to be skewered. So too if you're a hipster, a slacker, a religious zealot, a talk show host, a reality show star or an athlete! Whatever is in the news will be at Esther's. Enjoy the terrific cast & some sharp writing. The only folly would be not to go!

Visited August 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Book ahead and enjoy the show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. Visiting a friend in Austin, I found out about the show a few days earlier and booked over the phone (as the website form didn't take international credit cards). I didn't received any confirmation email and pessimistically wasn't even 100% sure if they had put us down properly. When we arrived at 10pm on the dot (despite instructions to arrive at least 20 mins early) I thought we were going to have issues.

Instead we were greeted warmly and ushered straight to our reserved seats (complete with name labels) on the 4th row... the show had just started.

The show had me laughing out loud which was fantastic as to my dismay, I generally find it hard to laugh at things. A lot of the jokes were fresh (e.g. working in current events of the past few weeks) and the interaction with the street windows is genius (you'll see what I mean). The magic was also very good and I was impressed at how they pulled off great tricks despite having the audience so very close to the stage.

Overall, my friends and I agreed that this was one of the most entertaining shows we'd ever seen for the price we paid. Would recommend and happily see again.

I highly recommend the reserved seating as... unlike some other lousy shows I've visited... the seats are PROPERLY reserved for you and won't be given away, even at the last moment. The price difference to secure the reserved seats is only a few dollars and well worth it in my opinion. The general seating stretches far pretty back - looks like you'd have to arrive pretty early to get good seats.

The Colony, Texas
18 attraction reviews
“Great Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Saw this on 6th street and by the time we decided we wanted to go, we checked online and was sold out. We went in and got a "general admission" seat at the later show. Glad we made a point of going to this show, it was very funny and entertaining. Good use of the space inside and outside! Funny!

Dallas
4 attraction reviews
“Absolute laugh out-loud good time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I don't go over-the-top on many things, but wow - Esther's Follies was hillarious! I didn't really know what to expect, and I came away thinking I'd like to come back next trip. It's a little like watching SNL in person, but with more music...and much better writing. The cast was great, and the material was outstanding. Unless you have young children in-tow, this is a must-see in Austin!

Visited August 2012