“Interesting” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 182 hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Interesting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

As I was attending the inaugural Formula 1 race in Austin, I was trying to find something relatively cheap with good quality and convenient location. The location was near a poor, bad area of town, which was not what I expected. Also, I got put in a 1-star motel-like room down by the pool in the beginning (horrible room - hair in the sink, dirty, no kitchen utensils, weird vibe, motel 6-ish, damp floors, you get the idea), then complained and got moved up to a four star room, modern and pretty nice, with a lamp that didn't work. I think, given the experience, it was generous to give 3 stars, but the Formula 1 race was great. Probably won't stay here again, but it was not terrible. Just don't try out what they call "suites"... they are only known as suites because they are bigger and have a kitchen area... they are renovated Motel-6's.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your candor regarding our poolside casita suite. I appreciate your honesty. Your feedback is very important and we’ll use your comments when making our plans for our next renovation. Our engineering team repaired the lamp in the other room as well. I hope you’ll give us another chance to provide you with a great experience. Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager

812 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Wow....very nice.
I actually was scheduled to do a photo shoot in Austin, Texas on October 23, 2012 and needed an hotel in close proximity to where the photographer's located. And after just reading the amenities of this hotel decided to give myself the green light with the booking.

Upon completion of my booking, I went back to the website just to re-read the amenities and all that this property has to offer and I felt pretty good about my decision.
Well..well..well....upon arrival I called the hotel for the complimentary shuttle. Within 7 minutes the shuttle arrived at the area where I was instructed to wait. That's my first thumbs up sign. I was greeted by this very beautiful female driver. WOWW....I said. that's my second thumbs up.
Upon arrival at the premises....Another thumbs up. The front desk staff was super helpful and very fast with the check-in process while still giving you individualized attention. I was just so excited about my selection. You were always greeted with a smile as many times as you enter or leave the premises.

The rooms were super cozy and very up-to-date! Another two thumbs up!
the gym....OOOOO YES....very good!
the restaurant on the premises is spectacular and the team/staff is just magnificent. EVERYONE OF THEM!

Overall, my experience was wonderful, and on my way to airport i remember telling the shuttle driver that they've made my stay so great that I'm ready to come back and spend a few days just to relax and enjoy the amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. We take our guest feedback to heart and it means the world to us that you enjoyed the hotel and our complimentary airport shuttle, friendly drivers and front desk staff, fast check in, individualized attention, and super cozy room. We work hard to make sure you have the best of times at our hotel and we can’t wait to see you in Austin again soon. Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
Greenbrier
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here during Autism treatment. We got the special Thoughful house package. The toys and special soap etc were awesome! Staff was great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our autism friendly rooms and our staff. I’m so happy you and your family enjoyed the toy box and handmade soap. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Good rates, and good location. Will stay there again, and will recommend it to our friends. Look forward to staying at an other Wyndnam in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Garden. We appreciate your comments about our good rates and location. As an Austinite, our location is one of my favorite things too. Just 3 miles from city center, it's a quick drive or cab ride away and a mile away from the South Congress area. We hope to see you again soon. Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
WEATHERFORD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I walked in to a beautiful lobby and great front desk service. The rooms were a little outdated for my taste and no refrigerator or microwave was a let down. Being a Wyndham Rewards member I usually receive complimentary drinks and snacks upon my arrival but I received none with this stay. It's the little things that set the Wyndham apart from other hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. It means a lot to us that you took time to share your experience with us about the beautiful lobby and great front desk service. Please accept our apologies for not delivering your Wyndham Rewards amenity. I have already gone over this review with the front desk staff to make certain every delivery is completed. We look forward to your next stay. Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager

Been to Wyndham Garden Austin? Share your experiences!