As I was attending the inaugural Formula 1 race in Austin, I was trying to find something relatively cheap with good quality and convenient location. The location was near a poor, bad area of town, which was not what I expected. Also, I got put in a 1-star motel-like room down by the pool in the beginning (horrible room - hair in the sink, dirty, no kitchen utensils, weird vibe, motel 6-ish, damp floors, you get the idea), then complained and got moved up to a four star room, modern and pretty nice, with a lamp that didn't work. I think, given the experience, it was generous to give 3 stars, but the Formula 1 race was great. Probably won't stay here again, but it was not terrible. Just don't try out what they call "suites"... they are only known as suites because they are bigger and have a kitchen area... they are renovated Motel-6's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 miles from downtown Austin and 4 miles from the airport, the Wyndham Garden Hotel is a prime destination. Enjoy easy access to the city's high-energy music, sports, university, arts, and business districts while delighting in a backdrop of scenic Texas Hill Country. Wyndham has teamed with post-modernist design legend, Michael Graves, to create a refreshing hotel experience. The result: upscale but affordable Texas Hill Country accommodations with unique features and products for an unforgettable Austin getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Wyndham Garden Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Hotel And Woodward Conference Center
- Wyndham Garden Hotel & Woodward Austin
- Wyndham Austin
- Austin Wyndham