We stayed at this hotel because of participation in a conference being held on the premises. We were able to have a handicapped room. Had I been in a wheelchair, there was not room to negotiate to the beds. The bathroom, located off the entry was ok, but the toilet didn't flush properly and it ran most of the time. We were shorted the number of towels for the second night and the wastebasket wasn't emptied when the room was straighted after the first night. It smelled of stale dill pickels! The walls were very thin and we could clearly hear voices, the TV and a yipping dog all night. It was less noisy the second night. We were offered another room - but the handicapped rooms were all full. Our electronic key cards were rendered void after the first night and we had to have them redone, this regardless of the fact we had pre-paid for two nights and paid the $50.00 per night extra unpublished charge.
When we checked in we were informed we would be charged an extra $50.00 per night and when I questioned this, was told it was incase we had room service. Also, we were told it would take several weeks for our bank to credit this amount back after our stay
The beds were comfortable. The conference meals were acceptable as was the breakfast we had in the hotel cafe.
I don't think we will stay at the Wyndham, even if the yearly state conference chooses this hotel another year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 miles from downtown Austin and 4 miles from the airport, the Wyndham Garden Hotel is a prime destination. Enjoy easy access to the city's high-energy music, sports, university, arts, and business districts while delighting in a backdrop of scenic Texas Hill Country. Wyndham has teamed with post-modernist design legend, Michael Graves, to create a refreshing hotel experience. The result: upscale but affordable Texas Hill Country accommodations with unique features and products for an unforgettable Austin getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Hotel And Woodward Conference Center
- Wyndham Garden Hotel & Woodward Austin
- Wyndham Austin
- Austin Wyndham