“Soooo Pet Friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Pearland, Texas
“Soooo Pet Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Awesome hotel to stay at with your fur-babies! Just let them know you are bringing your fur-kids and they will accomodate you with a courtyard room...with sliding doors that lead out into the courtyard and pool! Perfect grassy area for your pets to play and use the potty! Hotel had great breakfast and rooms were clean and nice! We took our pets with us and at night our pets stayed in the room and were perfectly fine! They enjoyed Austin as much as we did, and we were happy to bring them along!
Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I would like to compliment 4 of your employees in particular that did a great job helping me: Chase, Matt, Caroline, & Marisa. They are awesome and went above and beyond for me. I felt like they valued me as a customer. I will be recommending this hotel to my friends and business associates. Thanks again for the excellent service.

Room Tip: The extra fridge was worth the 10 bucks!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Allen, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Excellent customer service. People working front desks were extremely fiendly and helpful to me and other guests I observed. I requested to change rooms as my first room was located next to the elevator. The front desk quickly found a new room for me. Ordered room service for dinner and Jackie was very friendly taking the order. I always tell my employees to smile while they're on the phone as it comes through over the phone. I can tell this hotel teaches the same thing. Dinner for 4 was delivered to the room within 30 minutes. Food was great and portions were so large we couldn't finish our meals.

Appears to be an older property that has become a little dated. Hallway carpets are very stained and appear dirty. If the owner would replace the hallway carpets it would make a huge difference in the buildings appearance.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of the Wyndham Garden Hotel Austin. One of the things I always mention in our customer service orientation is that we can hear your smile. So it's so awesome to hear a guest mention this excellent training tool! We do our best here to make certain employees and guests alike have a great experience so that everyone is grinning all day long. I can't wait to share your comments with Jackie. I'm sure they will make her day! We look forward to your next visit. I hope the next is also all smiles.
The Colony, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

they offered an original suite that needed a little work, we called to ask for help and from that point forward was overwhelmed with the service, the room exchange, the "Standard" features not even avail in most Hilton's that i usually stay in. Furthermore, anything and everything Ive ever needed on a trip were provided, gave excellent advise on local restaurants (Pizza Place) and am just amazed at the effort they make to make your trip enjoyable, better treatment than at HOME! Very clean and the pool was awesome! My contacts at night were, Chase and Matt Addison...very professional, worked together so well , light humored- could compete with any local comedy club at times (has to be later on at night) Guess who's the strait man?

Room Tip: ask for the suite by the pool
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your amazing review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. I shared your comments with Matt and Chase and they've been grinning ever since. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed the local restaurant recommendations they shared with you. We look forward to seeing you again.
Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We booked this hotel for our family vacation through Priceline. While the hotel is designed for business, it was great for our family. The service at the desk was excellent and all the staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean. The pool is small and outdoor, but well taken care of. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for sharing your review of your visit at the Wyndham Garden Austin. Your feedback is so important to our success in delivering you and your family a memorable experience. We can't wait to see you again.
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I attended NASW meeting at Wyndham and got excellent service from the staff. My room was comfortable and there were lots of towels, which I love! Cassandra was so helpful about arranging the shuttle and early check in. Marrisa was a great van driver and Liz was helpful as well. My only disappointment was the pool didn't open until 9 and I wanted an early swim.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. I am so pleased to hear that Liz and Marisa were so helpful during your visit. I am going to share your comments with them during their next shift. Your feedback is so important to us. It helps us make sure your experience and everyone elses' continues to be great. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Casandra Kokoska guest Services Goddess
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

A group of us stayed there this past weekend for a little getaway from Dallas. Upon arrival, you can tell the property was old and had been rebranded into the Wyndham family with some renovations. As soon as you walk in, you know you are in Austin as the lobby is decorated with pictures of Willie Nelson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, local musicians, and autographed guitars. Check-in was efficient and friendly. We stayed on the 5th floor and my only real negative impressions were the 7 foot ceilings which are a common site in older hotels. This probably only bugs me because I am 6'5" and had to duck as I passed under flood lights. The rooms were nice, clean, and spacious. We had upgraded to an Executive suite, which we thought would be nicer with a sitting area but instead offered about a 20 foot long granite counter top that doubled as a workstation/desk. So if you are a business traveler who needs a lot of desk space to burn the midnight oil, this room is for you. The bathroom was nice with a walk in shower and 7 foot showerhead which is greatly appreciated by myself. We spent time in the pool which had towels but the deck furniture was old and weathered. We did not eat at the hotel but I did enjoy their coffee shop on Sunday morning which serves Starbucks. Speaking of Sunday morning, there are several churches that rent out the conference rooms and hold service. Some were rocking pretty good but could only be heard once you were on the ground floor. Overall impression was pretty good and the 3 mile trip to 6th St. only ran us $11 in cabs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your great review of the Wyndham Garden Austin and our AMP Austin Music Project in the lobby. We wanted our decor to reflect Austin and all the musicians that made our city the Live Music Capital of the World. Every year we add new members and I look foward to seeing the newest pictures soon of new inductees. I'm happy you enjoyed your visit you ERL, our coffee shop at the hotel. I hope you'll visit ERL and the rest of us here at the Wyndham Garden Austin again soon.
Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Goddess

Been to Wyndham Garden Austin? Share your experiences!