“Good hotel - Clean and great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #76 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Baton Rouge, LA
“Good hotel - Clean and great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed for business on 183 corridor. Great location. Right across from mall. Plenty of parking. Convenient parking. Tread mills in workout room were nice and in good working order.

Can't ask for more from a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: 3 floors, not much choice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I put my wedding guests here for my wedding, and the service was exceptional! We had to reserve early in order to get enough rooms, as the wedding coincided with the SXSW festival. Bill Patel, the manager, worked with me over the few months before the wedding, and he was very patient with me. He always responded quickly when I had questions.

Per their website, they have been recently renovated. The rooms were huge! The hotel was clean, and they had a good breakfast in the morning, according to my guests. I borrowed their conference room in the morning for my hair and makeup artist. The rest of the staff were very polite too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
bpatel3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin NW, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you kindly for your nice comments. We are always happy to get great feedback from our guests and it keeps me and my staff motivated to provide the best service for our guests and provide them with a well maintained, clean and comfortable hotel
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I had to stay here when visiting my son at Meridell. I would have been staying here every month. The room was very clean, the breakfast was lovely and most of the staff was wonderful. My problem was the bed. It was very uncomfortable. You could feel the edge of the mattress (like on a box spring) and I could feel the springs pop all night. I went to take a shower in the morning and was surprised at just how hot it was. It could have taken skin off (I did not have it all the way up). I mentioned to the front desk that the mattress was poor and that they may want to look at the water temp. My concern is for children that may get burned. It takes 6 seconds to cause 3rd degree burns at 140 degrees (standard setting on a water heater) and 5 minutes at 120 degrees. This is info from my pediatrician. When I mentioned to staff she became very flippant and I saw that it was going to go nowhere. Be careful with the water. I just hope someone does something about it before someone gets hurt.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Not enough great things to say about this hotel! I was quite impressed with the perfectly clean white linens, and the overall cleanliness of the suite and the hotel itself. Attractive decor inside and out. Comfortable king-size bed with lots of space in the room. Comfortable sitting area in the suite. In-room fridge, microwave, coffee maker, cable tv. Nice big windows. Good breakfast selection.

The friendly staff greeted us by name whenever they saw us. They were very informative and knowledgable.

Hotel is a short drive from the airport, shopping malls, downtown, and business areas.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My stay was basically a good one, until we went for the complimentary breaksfast the first morning. I was disgusted when I saw the hotel staff that was taking care of the breakfast handling food with her ungloved hands. This is totally inappropriate and unsanitary. This issue needs to be resolved.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
bpatel3, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin NW, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
I doubt there was anything disgusting for our food service. Our food prep area is immaculate and our trained and certified food prep representative has worked for the hotel for over 5 years
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

For business in NW Austin this hotel is well located, quiet, clean with helpful staff. Amenity package complete with business center, evening light snacks and breakfast. Rooms work for overnight or longer stay - large with fridge, etc.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

We enjoyed our stay very much. The room was large and very nice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple